Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

I was looking to pre-order the throttle via the EU-website but i have only the option to pay via credit card, no PayPal option like with the T-50 Stick. Has anybody pre-oerdered the throttle via PayPal option?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn`t pre-order the throttle, but the pre-ordering of the VPC WarBRD Base did work as well via PayPal.

Edit: had a short look, and yes, you are right. No Paypal option for me, too, when trying to pre-order the throttle.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi all!

Regarding PayPal - this has been temporarily disabled now that Braintree (our main card payment processor) is working again. PayPal will be enabled again further down the line.

Also, any one who has pre-ordered the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle that does not like the knurled grips, we have made a limited run of smooth handle grips. If you would prefer smooth handles, please send an email to support@virpil.com with your order number!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed something weird.. if I accidentally twist the grip a bit it can somewhat easily become unsecured and loose, and then rotate around the center. Is this normal? I've been paying extra attention to not do it and it's OK so far, just wondering whether this only happens on my end or it's common.

I noticed something weird.. if I accidentally twist the grip a bit it can somewhat easily become unsecured and loose' date=' and then rotate around the center. Is this normal? I've been paying extra attention to not do it and it's OK so far, just wondering whether this only happens on my end or it's common.[/quote']

I have noticed it just on an occasion or two where I got a little carried away in the heat of battle, I just tightened the collar a little more... stays secure for me for the most part.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi all!

(...)

Also, any one who has pre-ordered the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle that does not like the knurled grips, we have made a limited run of smooth handle grips. If you would prefer smooth handles, please send an email to support@virpil.com with your order number!

Thanks for listening to the customers! Mail is on the way :thumbup:

I noticed something weird.. if I accidentally twist the grip a bit it can somewhat easily become unsecured and loose' date=' and then rotate around the center. Is this normal? I've been paying extra attention to not do it and it's OK so far, just wondering whether this only happens on my end or it's common.[/quote']

Typically this is because you haven't tightened the collar down enough. The grip is supposed to be able to rotate so that you can offset it for center mount setups - but once tightened down completely you shouldn't be able to twist the grip at all!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all!

Regarding PayPal - this has been temporarily disabled now that Braintree (our main card payment processor) is working again. PayPal will be enabled again further down the line.

Does this mean Amex works again?

Z...

Finally got my Base in and spent some time mounting it to the floormount I built for my cockpit and getting it all setup this week! Absolutely love it! Huge improvement over the Warthog base!

2954455.jpg

2954456.jpg

Thank you Virpil for such a great product!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I have noticed it just on an occasion or two where I got a little carried away in the heat of battle, I just tightened the collar a little more... stays secure for me for the most part.

Typically this is because you haven't tightened the collar down enough. The grip is supposed to be able to rotate so that you can offset it for center mount setups - but once tightened down completely you shouldn't be able to twist the grip at all!

Thanks guys. I only tightened it by hand so far but I guess I might have to find an appropriate wrench and tighten it a bit more.

Thanks guys. I only tightened it by hand so far but I guess I might have to find an appropriate wrench and tighten it a bit more.

Check the 4 screws below the locking nut of the grip.

There are four screws that connect the female end of the shaft that connected directly to the gimbals main shaft.

unsure if i'm wording that correctly, i will post a picture, i've noticed on my one of the screws has loosened up time to time and has even fallen out into the base.

no big deal, i just had to take the bottom plate off the base and retrieve it.

My solution was to use teflon/thread tape to help keep the screw in tight.

Never over tighten anything, these little "toys" are meant for hand tighten only, even then be careful.

You definitely should not need a wrench, I was able to get mine tight enough by hand.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was surprised to see a wrench mentioned. Figured you should not need to use a wrench to tighten the grip. I suppose you can just tighten the collar with your hand with a bit more force.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yeah I definitely wouldn't use a wrench. Hand tightening should work just fine

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

I received my replacement flip down trigger today from Virpil, had it installed in moments.

Once again, excellent support and communication from these guys.

I will be sure going forward, to try and have a gently touch when in the heat of battle lol.

Don B

Nice. Which extension length do you have on those shots?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Nice. Which extension length do you have on those shots?

Were you asking me? If so I think it's a 75cm Sahaj extension. Not positive on the length. If you'd like I can measure tomorrow.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Yeah, looks like this from the photos, I was just curious as I plan to order the stick myself next month and I already have the extension. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Were you asking me? If so I think it's a 75cm Sahaj extension. Not positive on the length. If you'd like I can measure tomorrow.

I am guessing you probably mean 75mm?

75cm would be mighty long.

Don B

Oops yeah it was pretty late when I posted that. 75 or 100mm is what i have...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Hey all, I’m thinking about buying the T-50 base but need the base plate for their table mount that I already use with the TM Warthog but it doesn’t appear to be on their website or Amazon. Any ideas? Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |