Su-33 PFM

archer86

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the Su33 gets its PFM on landing the wings will fall of because of over G :megalol:

To be fair, that may be less of a problem for the -33. I'm pretty sure the airframe was strengthened, which is part of the reason for the -33 being heavier than the -27.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I'd be very surprised if the -33 PFM came this year, mostly because of other issues with DCS, rather than ED not being able to do it.

The Su-33 is the only one that can land properly on a carrier, and that's because it's got special scripting tied to the SFM.

ED would need to fix carrier landings before they release it, otherwise no Su--33's will be landing properly :)

• 1 month later...
Yep, it was confirmed on the Russian forums that it's delayed until next year.

Cry Cry T_T

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

• 3 months later...

None so far, but I don't think it can be too far off at this point. I remember hearing that once the spit FM is done they'll begin work on the Su-33, followed by the MiG-29.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I'd be very surprised if the -33 PFM came this year, mostly because of other issues with DCS, rather than ED not being able to do it.

The Su-33 is the only one that can land properly on a carrier, and that's because it's got special scripting tied to the SFM.

ED would need to fix carrier landings before they release it, otherwise no Su--33's will be landing properly :)

So special i can take off from the the Kutznetsov, lower the arrestor hook, put it on auto pilot to land back onto the carrier, eject from the aircraft and it would land all on its own. I even made a video on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

None so far, but I don't think it can be too far off at this point. I remember hearing that once the spit FM is done they'll begin work on the Su-33, followed by the MiG-29.

Hmm, if that's true, then my guess is that we'll probably get the beta version of the PFM in about a year from now and that's an optimistic view :music_whistling:

God.. COMMON PLEASE !!

We all love the Su-27, but the main reason for the 33, at least for me, is for in-flight refuel, that would change a lot in the field experience ...

Using currently 33 is like getting back to LOMAC ... If at least, in order to wait, some modders could nput the current Su-27 PFM on the 33 with in-flight refueling abilities that would help waiting ED's PFM !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• ED Team
God.. COMMON PLEASE !!

We all love the Su-27, but the main reason for the 33, at least for me, is for in-flight refuel, that would change a lot in the field experience ...

Using currently 33 is like getting back to LOMAC ... If at least, in order to wait, some modders could nput the current Su-27 PFM on the 33 with in-flight refueling abilities that would help waiting ED's PFM !

As far as I know God isnt working on FMs for ED, so not sure she can help. I believe she is trying to create Normandy in 6 days... but she isnt good with computers.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 months later...
When its done

I know you are trying to be smart, but the question has some merit. Not a peep about the Su33 FM since it was announced more than 2 years ago. Im guessing it will see the light of day only after the Hornet's FM is completed. (See: Carrier Operations) Call it a hunch. :)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

For quite a while it was stated that the 33 PFM would get some love after the Spit was released.

My guess is that the Hornet takes priority now, which is kind of a shame, because I would have loved to get some practice landing on carriers in the 33 first. (Scripted SFM carrier ops make me cry)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

You know and i know ED policy about news. This forum is crowded with " any news " questions over and over and the answer is always the same. When ED has something to say they will use the official thread for.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You know and i know ED policy about news. This forum is crowded with " any news " questions over and over and the answer is always the same. When ED has something to say they will use the official thread for.

So you get annoyed by questions asking for news on projects announced years ago? Ok. Got it. Have a nice day though, you seem to have a need for one :thumbup:

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'll see if I can poke the hive on the PFMs for the remaining FC3 aircraft. I would think with the carriers eventually coming the PFM for the Su-33 would be important.

Yea i thought carriers would need updating to.

• Like 1