Pixel Density: Odyssey vs. Rift

obious

Yes you need to install the steam windows reality version also.\

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

Thanks both, that definitely sorted it! However, I've now got double vision/overlay when attempting to run DCS. SteamVR home and WMR are fine however. Ideas?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Thanks both, that definitely sorted it! However, I've now got double vision/overlay when attempting to run DCS. SteamVR home and WMR are fine however. Ideas?

You need to run the steam DCS World VR icon from the steam be list, other wise turn off the steam vr. Unless you’re running the steam DCS version.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

You need to run the steam DCS World VR icon from the steam be list, other wise turn off the steam vr. Unless you’re running the steam DCS version.

I'm running the non-steam version of DCS and I turned off the 'Launch SteamVR when application starts' but I still am seeing double. Weirdly enough, if I rotate the Odyssey clockwise a little when its on my face, the picture becomes clearer ( at least the centre portion anyway)

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I'm running the non-steam version of DCS and I turned off the 'Launch SteamVR when application starts' but I still am seeing double. Weirdly enough, if I rotate the Odyssey clockwise a little when its on my face, the picture becomes clearer ( at least the centre portion anyway)

Go into the PDI and change that to you’re pupils distance standards are 64.5 to 65.5, make sure you’re eyes are center in the goggles, and use you head to move around to look keep eyes forward center .

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Go into the PDI and change that to you’re pupils distance standards are 64.5 to 65.5, make sure you’re eyes are center in the goggles, and use you head to move around to look keep eyes forward center .

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Where is this PDI setting?

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Where is this PDI setting?

well its in the VR section of the Tab in settings.

I'm not sure how you adjust your device though. I have a slider on the rift that allows for you to set it.

well its in the VR section of the Tab in settings.

I'm not sure how you adjust your device though. I have a slider on the rift that allows for you to set it.

Yea, that doesn't help. Think I'm going to return the Odyssey as I simply cannot use it. Thank for your help anyway

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Yea, that doesn't help. Think I'm going to return the Odyssey as I simply cannot use it. Thank for your help anyway

Its very easy. there is a small dial underneath on the front. adjust that. SteamVR has to be on btw for your VR to actually work in DCS. While you adjust the dial stam will show an overlay that tells you the numbers, you can try and force this in DCS VR section if it dont look right.

To get the IPD right i find it best to look at a line in the WMR startup area and adjust until its clear and everything feels comfortable. have you done this already?

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Its very easy. there is a small dial underneath on the front. adjust that. SteamVR has to be on btw for your VR to actually work in DCS. While you adjust the dial stam will show an overlay that tells you the numbers, you can try and force this in DCS VR section if it dont look right.

To get the IPD right i find it best to look at a line in the WMR startup area and adjust until its clear and everything feels comfortable. have you done this already?

Yup, I’ve done all this. It’s strange though as it just seems to be a problem with DCS. There’s no alignment/IPD issues in SteamVR or WMR etc.

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Yup, I’ve done all this. It’s strange though as it just seems to be a problem with DCS. There’s no alignment/IPD issues in SteamVR or WMR etc.

Sounds weird, never heard of such a thing. It would be a DCS issue id say in any case and you would probably get it on most HMDS

I would run a DCS repair

Can also try and enable WMR native ASW Ive written how in this post :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220815

Also, like said DCS uses Steamvr/wmr for WMR so dont turn that option off.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Bought Odyssey, Flew with it on DCS a few times. Unimpressed even at lesser settings. Rift is smoother with better FPS. Sold it on EBAY.

Trying to order PIMAX 5K+ site is down.

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.