high res MFCD mod for F18?

hannibal

He changed this Mod. this video is outdated.

For high resolution monitors or VR, you only have to change 6 numbers in 1 lua located here:

\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator

I've attached my code and what it does below... To Sharpen decrease "stroke_fuzziness", to be able to read the display text/objects on color moving map, increase "DMC_outline_fuzziness"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stroke_thickness = 1.1 --Thickness of Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

stroke_fuzziness = 0.1 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 2.5 --Thickness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 20 --Blurriness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.7 --Thickness of Text and Objects on the AMPCD

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.15 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on the AMPCD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

He changed this Mod. this video is outdated.

For high resolution monitors or VR, you only have to change 6 numbers in 1 lua located here:

\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator

I've attached my code and what it does below... To Sharpen decrease "stroke_fuzziness", to be able to read the display text/objects on color moving map, increase "DMC_outline_fuzziness"

stroke_thickness = 1.1 --Thickness of Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

stroke_fuzziness = 0.1 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on L/R DDIs & HUD

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 2.5 --Thickness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 20 --Blurriness of the Black outline of the Text and Objects on AMPCD

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.7 --Thickness of Text and Objects on the AMPCD

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.15 --Blurriness of the edges/outline of the Text and Objects on the AMPCD

What comes after...what is the name of the .lua file in the indictor folder that you edit.

Let us know if it improves it for you in VR. I'd be interested to try this if it works. Would this fail the multiplayer checks?

1) Here is a screen cap from my Vive running the Shaders Mod looking at the AMPCD: https://imgur.com/a/bZQ3d1y also note the sharpness of the DDIs

2) Yes, it fails multiplayer checks.

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1) Here is a screen cap from my Vive running the Shaders Mod looking at the AMPCD: https://imgur.com/a/bZQ3d1y also note the sharpness of the DDIs

2) Yes, it fails multiplayer checks.

How are you able to accurately reproduce as an image file what you see live with Vive?

Good to know...too many servers won't let you join if you don't pass IC.

Edited by fitness88

yes, 20. that is the fuzziness of the black "shadow" around the green text on the AMPCD.

I am using 20 because it is 20 X 0.15 or

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 20

The Fuzzier the Green outline is, the harder the green text is to read. So you want to set a small Fuzzy there to get the text sharp, and a high multiplier for the black fuzzy to create a larger shadow... I tired to set (DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.0) to get rid of the fuzziness, but that also removed the Fuzziness from the black outline and made it way to sharp and hard to read. You will just have to play with it. It took me several hours the messing with to get it the way I like...

Also, if you find a multiplayer server that you dont need IC, you can make changes to the code, and respawn to see your changes. That file re-initializes on each respawn so you dont have to quit the game.

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes, 20. that is the fuzziness of the black "shadow" around the green text on the AMPCD.

I am using 20 because it is 20 X 0.15 or

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 20

The Fuzzier the Green outline is, the harder the green text is to read. So you want to set a small Fuzzy there to get the text sharp, and a high multiplier for the black fuzzy to create a larger shadow... I tired to set (DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.0) to get rid of the fuzziness, but that also removed the Fuzziness from the black outline and made it way to sharp and hard to read. You will just have to play with it. It took me several hours the messing with to get it the way I like...

Also, if you find a multiplayer server that you dont need IC, you can make changes to the code, and respawn to see your changes. That file re-initializes on each respawn so you dont have to quit the game.

Good to know...thanks.