Forrestal and F-14A?

africatom

I wouldn't expect anything in Q1 judging by the way DCS is developing atm.

Yeah, looks like the new version has thrown a rather large monkey wrench into the works for the 3rd party guys. Hopefully the issues get fixed quick.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Last time I saw IronMike comment on this subject he inferred that Forrestal and the A would be shipping at the one year anniversary (sometime in march?). But there's no solid date obviously. Datamining from 2.5.6 revealed new F-14A stuff. Seems plausible.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Last time I saw IronMike comment on this subject he inferred that Forrestal and the A would be shipping at the one year anniversary (sometime in march?). But there's no solid date obviously. Datamining from 2.5.6 revealed new F-14A stuff. Seems plausible.

Really do hope so, no significant new content (except for NAVGRID) or art fixes almost one year after initial EA release is kind of a bummer.

Really do hope so, no significant new content (except for NAVGRID) or art fixes almost one year after initial EA release is kind of a bummer.

I mean, there have been upgrades to jester, the phoenix etc too. I guess thats the downside of shipping a mostly complete product to begin with... Can't please everyone I guess.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty big bummer.

How come there aren't any screenshots from the A model? Everything is so vague.

:suspect:

Cobra says "March"

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2020, or 2021?

Yes.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Pretty big bummer.

How come there aren't any screenshots from the A model? Everything is so vague.

:suspect:

Yeah I dunno. When a company doesn't want to show off marketing of its product it's a little worrisome. Though maybe they figure it's going to look very similar to the B? But isn't the cockpit quite different?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Though maybe they figure it's going to look very similar to the B? But isn't the cockpit quite different?

By two gauges. The engine instruments and placement of the RWR are all that's different. Most likely the only thing that will change about the exterior are the engine exhaust nozzles and shrouds. Maybe we'll see a change in the gun gas vents and deletion of some ECM blisters but little else.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

By two gauges. The engine instruments and placement of the RWR are all that's different. Most likely the only thing that will change about the exterior are the engine exhaust nozzles and shrouds. Maybe we'll see a change in the gun gas vents and deletion of some ECM blisters but little else.

Beaver tail, maybe chinpod, no GPS dome on the back.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Has there been any info on Forrestal features? I assume a different 3D model with the same basic functionality of the Stennis?

Well, I hope that the Forrestal's cats work better than the ones on the Stennis at the moment :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uin frankly getting nervous about the f14.

Theres just no news. Screw the forrestal. The f14 was promised to buyers of this module. You guys forgot glove vanes and the weakass TF30. Engines which were prone to compressor stalls. It makes it a near different airplane.

I for one am concerned theyll end up saying they arent making the A model we have heard so much. The games been out a year. I havent seen pix of a F14 A only second handnword they wanted it out by the 1 year anniversery.

Frankly I dont believe it. Hope Im wrong

On the cats Ive noticed going to f2 view to look at pressing salute seems to make it work. Sounds bizarre but you see the dude salute and rio hold the handle. Everytime ive done it even if theres a delay im off in 5 seconds.

The PITA is hooking up if u overshoot the cat your all done. And u gotta remember to make her kneel to link up

Also I bound a second key to the salute function. Since then no probs.

Wish I could get mbots campaigns to work or his help tho :(

It does not work on multiplayer. I did it numerous times yesterday in external view, watching the pilot salute and the A/C never launched. I ended up disconnecting, taxied to the fantail and launched without the catapult.

But we are very well aware this is a ED issue, as the F-18 is still not working correctly either.

Uin frankly getting nervous about the f14.

Theres just no news. Screw the forrestal. The f14 was promised to buyers of this module. You guys forgot glove vanes and the weakass TF30. Engines which were prone to compressor stalls. It makes it a near different airplane.

I for one am concerned theyll end up saying they arent making the A model we have heard so much. The games been out a year. I havent seen pix of a F14 A only second handnword they wanted it out by the 1 year anniversery.

Frankly I dont believe it. Hope Im wrong

Are you done? Your tone is uncalled for and frankly not constructive to this forum. This forum have discussed the merits and release of each model and its place in this simulator at length, including those glove vanes, which were only operational very early on, and subsequently disabled/deleted on all models.

As for the status, you can reserve your dismay until such time that one is given, supporting your fears. Otherwise your exaggerated skepticism trying to elicit a response, just seems juvenile.

Beaver tail, maybe chinpod, no GPS dome on the back.

The main structure of the beaver tail only differed with jets from Block 75 and before, and we're very unlikely to get those. I think they've already stated they were adding the option for the bullet fairing on the TCS but haven't clarified if removal will be an option.

Right now, all I am referring to is the physical model of the F-14A and not its flying qualities. My point is if what we get is a contemporary of the F-14B (I hope), then there isn't really anything new or exciting on the 3D model to see except a few tiny bits and the engine nozzles. Even the specific external details of an F-14A from the mid 1980s differed little enough that it would warrant much in terms of images. "And here's a shot of the F-14A's shorter TACAN antenna." Yeah, whoop. I could use to see some shots of the TF30 nozzle thrust phases, but there's not many images of a nearly physically identical aircraft that's going to get me more excited or tell me they've made more progress when the vast majority of what they need for the A is coding like the flight dynamics and engine modelling, stuff you can't screenshot to show progress. They've said they're working on it while simultaneously having to jump through new hoops with ED's update schedule. I don't have any reason not to believe them and some screenshots aren't going to change that.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Are you done? Your tone is uncalled for and frankly not constructive to this forum.

As for the status, you can reserve your dismay until such time that one is given, supporting your fears. Otherwise your exaggerated skepticism trying to elicit a response, just seems juvenile.

+1

I wish this was a macro'ed response amongst the Smiley's here, I could see it being used frequently on the dcs forum

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

It does not work on multiplayer. I did it numerous times yesterday in external view, watching the pilot salute and the A/C never launched. I ended up disconnecting, taxied to the fantail and launched without the catapult.

But we are very well aware this is a ED issue, as the F-18 is still not working correctly either.

Are you done? Your tone is uncalled for and frankly not constructive to this forum. This forum have discussed the merits and release of each model and its place in this simulator at length, including those glove vanes, which were only operational very early on, and subsequently disabled/deleted on all models.

Uhh more like are YOU done? Seriously whatever IRL or whatever has you upset dont take it out on me. "My tone"? I missed the part where I said it wasnt happening or insulted anyone. Why dont you point that out along with showing me where I exagerrated.

See I live in America and I purchased this module. Im allowed to have an opinion whether or not you like it. Frankly I said I was concerned. I didnt freak or anything - indeed your post is the one that comes across as an attack and shrill.

Unconstructive? I added the glove vanes and engines to list of things on the F14A we are missing on a thread.. about the F14A and forrestal. Frankly YOUR tone is uncalled for - you are not a moderator nor are you my mother. So do us all a favor and place yourself on ignore. Click my name and hit ignore Id rather not interact with your type at all. And oh yes shame on me "trying to elicit a response' but from whom are you referring? See Im here to discuss the game with other players. The point of a forum. If a developer decides to post its on them. Where again did I ask Deckard or anyone about it? Again you frankly are the one exagerating and being rude.

Oh and is it so nuts? I never said it wouldnt happen. But let me tell you about the Uh1 module. We were promised multicrew from the start. Ive had it 4 or 5 years - i just heard apparently they added multicrew finally. I never even said the F14 would take so long but this is an obvious example and if I missed a post I was hoping a non a hole would say "hey actually xx changed". And "shame" on you - you complain my post adds nothing, when your post *literally* contributes nothing and is out of line as youre not a mod.

Edited by Sublimearrepentido