Anybody else?

ZQuickSilverZ

I read the dates wrong on the November surprise sale.

I thought for sure the sale was on Thanksgiving and the day after. Kind of like a Black Friday sale.

I wonder how many other sales ED lost because people overlooked the actual date due to market expectations.

I am not blaming ED or anything I am just curious if anybody else made the same mistake I did and missed out on the sale.

I totally wanted to get the Sabre. :( I even posted it on my sig... see below.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe advising of the start/ end date/ times in UTC (GMT) might help?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I thought about the same thing. Sometimes expectations override common sense. :)

Here we are sort of conditioned to expect sales a certain day of the month in November. I will know to pay better attention next time.

Thanks for the suggestion Bob-68.

The REAL tragedy here is I might have to redesign my sig....... LoL.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know, Black Friday sales and Thanksgiving is something that is local to the US, and is not practiced in other countries.

I'd have to look for Wikipedia to know their dates closer than "somewhere around these months".

So yeah... :P

EDIT: A corollary to that; how many westerners know that christmas occurs in January for a considerable portion of "christianity"? ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
As far as I know, Black Friday sales and Thanksgiving is something that is local to the US, and is not practiced in other countries.

Well lucky for us up here in the great white north, Canadian retailers have jumped on the black friday band wagon, so we get to endure all the BS too :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Also, I just realised I was mixing up "Black Friday" with what in english is called "Good Friday". Up until now, I did not know there was such a thing as "Black Friday". :P (Thankyou Wikipedia.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Wags posted those - even already in EST.

was posted in local current time

11/22 09:00AM ETS (Assuming Eastern Standard Time - US) -5 UTC/ GMT

is

23/11 01:00 AEDT (Assuming Australian Eastern Daylight time AUS) +11 UTC/GMT

allowing for Daylight Savings...

Edited by Wolf Rider

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

Up until now, I did not know there was such a thing as "Black Friday". :P (Thankyou Wikipedia.)

Black Friday in the US is famous across the world. It's where desperate people act like savages in order to save a few $$

For the rest of us, it's just more humorous videos to watch on Youtube.

the equivalent down here is the Boxing Day sales (the second Christmas).... take your life into your hands venturing into one

-