[CORRECT AS IS] G limits using weapons

mari8it

So the Viper does not record the maximum reached g? Really?

I didn't expect that. I've seen some fighters while in the military and most of them recorded g in some way or the other.

It records it in the flight data recorder on the ejection seat and the AVTR/DVR tapes IIRC, but maintenance has no reason to look at the data unless a pilot reports a possible over-g condition.

If the pilots reports it, then the maximum g is looked at in the tapes and how long it was ( meaning this much g for this many frames or seconds). then the data is compared to what the aircraft recorded. The level of the over-g is determine, this dictates what need to be inspected.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Ah okay. Thanks for the input.

I worked on the Tornado and Phantom II and they had mechanical gauges with drag indicators. So it was easy to check on the postflight inspection.

Only the two seat F-16s have that and only in the back seat. Mainly seen in the HUD or as stated in the AVTR tapes (of the HUD) post flight.

He managed to deep stall the aircraft?

You know as much as I remember. This happen back in 02. I was floating, jumping tubes and getting X's. Expeditor ask me to help depanel, I walk to the jet and found the pilot struggling with the screws in 4216, after a awkward silent moment, I ask the pilot what happened, that was what he told me...at least what I remember. I went back on the truck to help with redballs, didn't think much about it after.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

We have no way of knowing about the over-G condition if the pilot does not report it. At least we didn't back in 07.

That's strange. I thought most jets of that era had Over-G trip sensors that would alert MX to an Over-G condition so the pilot couldn't hide it. In addition, I figured it would show up when the MX guys hooked up the electronic download thingy to the jet to record all the MX and BIT data. Did the F-16 not have this too?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

That's strange. I thought most jets of that era had Over-G trip sensors that would alert MX to an Over-G condition so the pilot couldn't hide it. In addition, I figured it would show up when the MX guys hooked up the electronic download thingy to the jet to record all the MX and BIT data. Did the F-16 not have this too?

We downloaded the engine every night at the end of the day, don't remember ever seeing any data for over-g from the engine. Pilot have no reason to hide an over-g since that would only endangering themselves. Is not like the F-22/35 where the aircraft tells you everything. "electronic download thingy" very technical, not sure what that is.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

"electronic download thingy" very technical, not sure what that is.

For a pilot, that's very technical. :megalol:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB