When we will have first guided A/G weapon?

VDV

Once the new IR rendering system is done in DCS, we are going to get the ATFLIR afterwards.

We would still need the LST (Laser Spot Tracker) implemented to benefit from buddy lase.

That's not true - you can drop laser guided bombs in the Mirage and F-5 and neither of those have a tpod with LST. As long as the bomb is aimed in the rough area, it'll pick up the laser energy.

There are also JTACs and drones that can laze for you - most MP servers use one or the other.

Interesting..

That's not true - you can drop laser guided bombs in the Mirage and F-5 and neither of those have a tpod with LST. As long as the bomb is aimed in the rough area, it'll pick up the laser energy.

There are also JTACs and drones that can laze for you - most MP servers use one or the other.

Fair enough for some I guess, I wouldn't know as I am not into multiplayer.

I also don't know how does the laser pairing would work in that scenario, I know, however, that for "aiming in the rough area" I would use CCIP :)

Is picking up the laser energy by a guided ordnance in mid free fall even a thing in real life? How accurate would it be in such scenario?

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Is picking up the laser energy by a guided ordnance in mid free fall even a thing in real life?

I believe so yeah, you don't lase before release. Generally lasing starts only 10-15 seconds before impact IIRC. An LGB basically has wings so it can fly to it's target within a radius. The higher up the bomb picks up the laser, the more chance it can change course.

I'm going to say it will probably be awhile before they get more A2G stuff done. One of the news letters (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3625468&postcount=159) stated this:

"Regarding the Hornet, it's important to note that we are now focusing on some of the more difficult and time-intensive tasks like making several fundamental changes to the air-to-air radar simulation (will have benefits with other modules), the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), and other systems we've touched on recently. As such, the number of new items for the Hornet will be less than before, but the same amount of attention and manpower is being devoted."

So my best guess is they are trying to finish off the A2A systems and it could take some time, but I could be wrong.

I just wish we'd get GBU-12 with minimal integration, working as they do on the F-5. Should be a relatively trivial adjustment to the WCS options, though probably something they'd have to undo later to put in full implementation. I would prefer the temporary inclusion, if possible.

It's probably harder than it seems as they need to implement a way to change the laser code, which I imagine they'll want to allow through the DDI's (like the Harrier) rather than the kneeboard.

Well, they did it for the CBU's... or did they? Does burst height even work since last update?

Well, they did it for the CBU's... or did they? Does burst height even work since last update?

Burst height "VT" has worked for quite a few weeks now. Today we are supposed to get CBUs with a little buff.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Burst height "VT" has worked for quite a few weeks now. Today we are supposed to get CBUs with a little buff.

Have you tried the cbu since the update? Just curious if they are beefed up.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Have you tried the cbu since the update? Just curious if they are beefed up.

MK20s got a buff, CBU99s seem like they did not. I dropped a pair of MK20s each on a BTR80, T-72, T-90, SMERCH and all were destroyed. The T-90 took a bit of time to "cook" but black smoke was coming out immediately.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

MK20s got a buff, CBU99s seem like they did not. I dropped a pair of MK20s each on a BTR80, T-72, T-90, SMERCH and all were destroyed. The T-90 took a bit of time to "cook" but black smoke was coming out immediately.

Thanks man.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I don't think they want to introduce stuff people would end up complaining about because it doesn't work as intended. If you watch some of there youtube promotions and read the comments there, people complain about them releasing buggy content. So its just ends up as bad advertising.

As for the CBU's, before the patch on the Sept.26th, yes you could set VT but I did some testing. If you place a dozen or two infantry and for instance, drop a CBU-99 in the middle of the pack with VT 300, say it kills 6. Then you drop VT1200, it still only kills about 6 when it should end up being a wider effect. So although VT setting has been there for many months. I don't think it actually does anything. I think all they fixed was accuracy and from what I read in patch notes they gave it more damage power but I don't think any of the fixes make it spread out properly.

The VT never made any difference in the HoB of the bombs, because it shouldn't. The HoB would be set externally and we still don't have something like a kneeboard settings page for this. VT setting just adjusts the impact point calculation, so we always have to set it to 1500', otherwise the solution will be off.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The VT never made any difference in the HoB of the bombs, because it shouldn't. The HoB would be set externally and we still don't have something like a kneeboard settings page for this. VT setting just adjusts the impact point calculation, so we always have to set it to 1500', otherwise the solution will be off.

oh ok, thought VT was similar to HoF like on the A-10C for the CBU-97's and 87's. I know on the CBU-97's the higher you release the bigger the spread. As I usually think of it as a cone.

On another note, I was wrong about them adding more ground attack bombs since they added the Mk-82Y. Can now do very low altitude releases at slower speeds without fraging yourself. Wonder if these will eventually get an efuze for doing airbursts :)