After the Tomcat?

carss

The more Marketable module would be the A7. It can do almost all the A6 can do and its got an inbuilt gun...plus better HUD.

Yeah, being less complex to make and operate and requiring only one pilot, it's the more obvious choice. Or at least, it would make sense to make it before the A-6.

But, HB like to challenge themselves, apparently :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I would have the A-6 long before an A7 thank you.

+1 :D

And HB developed the Jester AI, why put so many resources(money/time) in something like this and then "just" use it for the F-14. This is something unique, no other 3rd party Dev or even ED has something like this. If i were HB i would push out as many 2 seater aircrafts as i can, because they are the only ones with the technology for it. Also consider that they do an AI A-6 with the hope to get a license for a full module for it.

And so the circle closes, A-6 next please. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I would have the A-6 long before an A7 thank you.

why not BOTH?!?

^^the right answer^^

we're going to need both to flesh out an airwing strike package - might as well put them both on the list...

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why not BOTH?!?

^^the right answer^^

we're going to need both to flesh out an airwing strike package - might as well put them both on the list...

I wouldn't mind that, as long as the A6 is first...:music_whistling: :D ....because 6 comes before 7....trying to find reasons. ;)

Now i only hope nobody comes up with the A4, i would be screwed by my own logic....:megalol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Because there not naval aircraft.:smilewink::thumbup:

Well if it has to be naval and if multicrew and Jester AI are now a thing, why not the Naval F-4 or maybe even for the first time, an S-3 Viking?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

why not BOTH?!?

^^the right answer^^

Oh I don't mind both, but personally I would have an A-6 before an A-7, the A-7 just doesn't do it for me.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

+And HB developed the Jester AI, why put so many resources(money/time) in something like this and then "just" use it for the F-14. This is something unique, no other 3rd party Dev or even ED has something like this.

True, but as the A-6 radar system is much older and is a ground attack one, I presume it's much more complex to operate than AWG-9 (I'd expect there's lots of controls for tuning the radar picture and switch through different modes to be able to ID a target among all that clutter) and unless the RIO AI is cheating, it's also more complex to program it to operate the system correctly and designate targets.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Panavia Tornado :thumbup:

2-Seater, A/G Radar, you have to fly low & follow the Terrain, Sweep-Wings, used by quite some countries, classic plane... do I need to write more? :D

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Panavia Tornado

2-Seater, A/G Radar, you have to fly low & follow the Terrain, Sweep-Wings, used by quite some countries, classic plane... do I need to write more? :D

i'm sure its only a matter of time - especially considering it is being phased out of service

(ps.. "quite some countries" --- besides UK, who else flies it?)

---

Royal Air Force

Italian Air Force

German Air Force

Royal Saudi Air Force

4 countries

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm sure its only a matter of time - especially considering it is being phased out of service

(ps.. "quite some countries" --- besides UK, who else flies it?)

---

Royal Air Force

Italian Air Force

German Air Force

Royal Saudi Air Force

4 countries

I really hope so. Just want someone to do it. And do it well.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

+100 for the Tornado!

And if made by Heatblur, even better.

I too would love it, and I think it would be more than possible, having been solved (as seems) the two-seater cockpit great issues... keeping my fingers well crossed, it's a long time I'm awaiting this release from a big developer here in DCS after flying them regularly in another simulation.

With best regards,

Edited by JagHond

+10000000 I want so much the Tornado and if it's made by Heatlur i would pay it 100$.

Unfortunately the A-G radar of the IDS/Gr.1 is still classified, now i think only the ADV variant is accessible.

How do you know?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How do you know?

I believe only the latest variant is classified.

So far only 1 British jet (the Hawk which is still not finished...). The Harrier does not count.

It seem the British are just as secretive about their jets as the Russians. Getting license on those jets like Tornado would be very difficult. Then again its slowly getting phased out in favour of the Eurofigher latest blocks getting adapted to Ground attack roles too.

I guess only a Tornado Gr1 or 1b would be possible. Still its much more better market sale than an A6 for sure. Its swing wing and it also fits nicely with the Middle Eastern countries as some of them use it too. Its got a gun...which is again another plus.

I believe only the latest variant is classified.

So far only 1 British jet (the Hawk which is still not finished...). The Harrier does not count.

It seem the British are just as secretive about their jets as the Russians. Getting license on those jets like Tornado would be very difficult. Then again its slowly getting phased out in favour of the Eurofigher latest blocks getting adapted to Ground attack roles too.

I guess only a Tornado Gr1 or 1b would be possible. Still its much more better market sale than an A6 for sure. Its swing wing and it also fits nicely with the Middle Eastern countries as some of them use it too. Its got a gun...which is again another plus.

You believe? Are you serious? Beliefs are nice, but I prefer facts.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

You believe? Are you serious? Beliefs are nice, but I prefer facts.

Yes, I am serious...

Fact 1: We still have only one British jet and that is the Hawk which is till unfinished than other modules. That is a fact.

Its quite obvious that latest jets from some countries other than USA which has given permission to do the F-15E and F-16 Block 52 is restricted. I have doubts the British would give permission to do a module on the latest Tornado IDS variants and they are still in service.

Yes, I am serious...

Fact 1: We still have only one British jet and that is the Hawk which is till unfinished than other modules. That is a fact.

Its quite obvious that latest jets from some countries other than USA which has given permission to do the F-15E and F-16 Block 52 is restricted. I have doubts the British would give permission to do a module on the latest Tornado IDS variants and they are still in service.

You're still just doing guesswork, which can be correct, but it can also be totally wrong. I can speculate too, but there's no point in doing so.

I don't know if a Tornado is still too classified for DCS, but neither do you.

Fact is:

- The Hawk says nothing about a Tornado project.

- We have the Mirage 2000 as a modern european jet, but that also says nothing about a Tornado project.

- At least two third party devs already said they are planning to do a Tornado or are even working on it already.

Tornado3 small.jpg