SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hi Andrey,

I just played around with the new version. It seems to me, that the flaps up/down is not working anymore.

Further I got this error when I try to close soundmodule after simshaker crashed:

System.NullReferenceException

from SoundModule.SM_Form1.SM_Form1_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)

Thanks for the update Andre.

I tried mig21 twice, and it didn't do anything. A-10C did work, so the software was "active".

Geert

Thanks for your feedback Geert.

Let's get into details. Please check 'Log To Screen' at Sound Module GUI, and see is there any output with Mig-21? Can you see stripes at Sound visualization bars?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andrey,

I just played around with the new version. It seems to me, that the flaps up/down is not working anymore.

Further I got this error when I try to close soundmodule after simshaker crashed:

from SoundModule.SM_Form1.SM_Form1_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)

Hi f4l0,

thanks for your feedback.

It seems to me, that the flaps up/down is not working anymore.

Tell me please at which plane so I could test it.

Well, Simshaker crashed (with what error?)

and after that, when you closed the Sound Module, you've got another NullReferenceException error.

Right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi f4l0,

Tell me please at which plane so I could test it.

Just tested Su27, Mig21, A10C and no flaps sound. I see that Sound module didn't receive any 'play flaps' command...

Edit: SimShaker Module crashes when I jump into the MiG21 after I flew the Su27. Maybe a timeout related to the long loading times of the MiG21?

Edit2: SimShaker Module always crashes when entering the MiG21

Edited by f4l0

Just tested Su27, Mig21, A10C and no flaps sound. I see that Sound module didn't receive any 'play flaps' command...

Su27 - yes, there is export.lua bug, reported to ED

MiG21 - yes, not implemented at Simshaker yet.

A10C - are you shure? works well at my side. Please recheck.

Edit: SimShaker Module crashes when I jump into the MiG21 after I flew the Su27. Maybe a timeout related to the long loading times of the MiG21?

Edit2: SimShaker Module always crashes when entering the MiG2

Do you play DCS released or open beta version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A10C - are you shure? works well at my side. Please recheck.

Ok, works :-) Don't know why I didn't feel it the last time...

Do you play DCS released or open beta version?

Current stable branch

Edit: Just flew a round with the Dora. Really cool! Can't wait to see something similar for x-plane. Maybe I'm going to write a X-Plane wrapper code which emits DCS like messages ;) I'll have the whole September holidays,this might be an interesting project for this time...

By the way, I reworked all of the current sounds to mach my shaker

complete_reworked_28_06_2015.zip

Edited by f4l0

SimShaker Module always crashes when entering the MiG21

It seems we need to check if your Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker.lua is up to date. Please compare with actual version https://yadi.sk/d/EXCyUdMHhXfod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't wait to see something similar for x-plane. Maybe I'm going to write a X-Plane wrapper code which emits DCS like messages ;) I'll have the whole September holidays,this might be an interesting project for this time...

Is X-plane really good? I've tried X-plane 9 once and put it on a shelf. I think DCS world is much better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems we need to check if your Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker.lua is up to date. Please compare with actual version https://yadi.sk/d/EXCyUdMHhXfod

A quick diff shows that a few lines differs. I'll test it with the new lua...

Xplane 10 is quite nice. Not comparable with DCS but for general aviation it is quite neat. Especially, when using the Reality Expansion Pack. In addition with PilotEdge you can train/learn a lot...

Edit: New lua works...

Edited by f4l0

Mig21 works after changing the simshaker.lua file for me. I like the after burner effects, although now the touchdown and runway sounds feel a bit weak. While going over the runway, I like how there is an overal shaking effect going on, but now I don`t feel these distinct bumbs anymore (or very little maybe), would be nice to have both. In general though, it feels quite good.

I tried the Huey again, and weapons release (tested rockets and miniguns) don`t work yet, I don´t know if they were implemented yet, couldn´t find that very fast. Another suggestion/request for the Huey would be sling loading vibrations. Would be nice if there was some feedback when the cargo was hooked and released and would be really cool to actually feel when the cargo hits things like ground or buildings or when it moves over the ground. I think that it would also be very useful to the pilot since it´s a bit difficult to see what´s going on with the cargo through that small 2D camera window.

cheers,

Geert

Mig21 works after changing the simshaker.lua file for me. I like the after burner effects, although now the touchdown and runway sounds feel a bit weak. While going over the runway, I like how there is an overal shaking effect going on, but now I don`t feel these distinct bumbs anymore (or very little maybe), would be nice to have both. In general though, it feels quite good.

OK. I'll make touchdown and runway bumps a bit stronger.

I tried the Huey again, and weapons release (tested rockets and miniguns) don`t work yet, I don´t know if they were implemented yet, couldn´t find that very fast.

Just have a look at corresponding SimShaker tab page, is there a checkbox or not.

Another suggestion/request for the Huey would be sling loading vibrations. Would be nice if there was some feedback when the cargo was hooked and released and would be really cool to actually feel when the cargo hits things like ground or buildings or when it moves over the ground. I think that it would also be very useful to the pilot since it´s a bit difficult to see what´s going on with the cargo through that small 2D camera window.

Would you please provide me with a short track, so I could make some research work on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sling load demonstration

Hi Andre,

Do you really need a track or is this youtube tutorial sufficient?

At about 7 min. in the video the sling loading stuff begins.

Should you require a track anyway please let me know!

Geert

Hi Andre,

Do you really need a track or is this youtube tutorial sufficient?

At about 7 min. in the video the sling loading stuff begins.

Should you require a track anyway please let me know!

Geert

I need a track to work with.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK. Please check to be sure that you have it checked at Simshaker Service tab page.

Ok, checked the box.

I' really like flying with prop planes now ;). The chair is vibrating very smooth ;)

When will you add support for the 109 and the MiG15?

Ok, checked the box.

I' really like flying with prop planes now ;). The chair is vibrating very smooth ;)

When will you add support for the 109 and the MiG15?

:)

109 coming soon, next after MiG-21.

MiG15 - I don't know yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So im a tester and just getting some free time to check this out, how exactly do we set this up. I have an pci soundblaster card as my primary audio source. From my quick glance this software needs an additional sound card?

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

So im a tester and just getting some free time to check this out, how exactly do we set this up. I have an pci soundblaster card as my primary audio source. From my quick glance this software needs an additional sound card?

Yes, that's right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far I've only tested the P51, but... I am impressed, Sir! You've brought my butt kicker back to life. I'd kinda given up on it in the past, as I could never get a satisfactory result with it in DCS.

Thank you! Looking forward to testing more of my favorite airframes with this. :)

Edit: One thing I feel is missing and maybe mentioned before - is there a way to implement impact effect? For example if you're flying P-51 and it gets hit by rounds from another aircraft we should feel some sort of effect on airframe. That is just a small nit-pick - overall it is very impressive.

Edited by MackTheKnight

Andrey,

SimShaker Sound Module can also be used by a single soundcard. But then, you need a card with dedicated channels. Those sound cards are usually used for audio recording...