UH-1 Trim Contorls

AKA_Clutter

Hi,

What is the difference between Force Trim [LAlt - U], Pilot Trimer [T], and Trimmer Reset [LCtrl - T]

Also, I assume the Huey doesn't have traditional pitch, Roll, and yaw trimers. The reason I ask is that the Gazelle does, but the Ka-50 doesn't either.

Thanks!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I am not sure but laft u should turn the trim system on. So if it is not on, it means you don't have any trim. When you hit the T button , trim is applied, every time you hit trim, your cyclic center is changed. Trim reset button resets the trim so you can turn back to the neutral cyclic state

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It makes only Sense with a ForceFeedback Joystick.

If Trim is on, then every Trim-click hold the Stick in the last position.

If Trim is off, the Stick feels like a spoon in a joghurt.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

What is the difference between Force Trim [LAlt - U], Pilot Trimer [T], and Trimmer Reset [LCtrl - T]

• The Force Trim Switch is on the center console.

attachment.php?attachmentid=162055&stc=1&d=1494618534

It enables the brakes on the end of the spring cartridges (Force Gradient) that provide a centering force for the cyclic.

A RL option is to disable Force Trim so the cyclic moves freely without a artificial 'stick feel'.

If you use a FFB stick, disabling Force Trim, disables the joystick's centering forces.

• The Pilot Trimmer is a button on the cyclic that the pilot uses to change the center position of the cyclic (by releasing the brakes on the ends of the pitch/roll spring cartridges so they move) or allow the cyclic to move freely. With a FFB stick, it removes the centering force and/or changes the center position.

• AFAIK Trimmer reset isn't a real thing, but allows players a easy way to reset the in game cyclic trim without using the controls indicator (RCtrl+Enter).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It makes only Sense with a ForceFeedback Joystick.

No, it doesn't.;)

I have a non force feedback joystick and the trim still works fine. You just press t and put the stick back to center. It will then have the setting of your last input as it's new center position (if that makes any sense...:music_whistling:). Makes longer flights a hell lot easier.:)

I have both ffb and non ffb sticks.

With a non ffb stick, when you hit the trim button, virtual center of the stick changes. So you have to adjust your stick position as soon as you hit the trim, otherwise, you may cause extreme movement

With a ffb stick, joystick stays phisycally at its new positon, so you don't have to do anything more.

Fliying with ffb stick is awesome. so whenever i fly helis, i plug my ms ffb2.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

No, it doesn't.;)

I have a non force feedback joystick and the trim still works fine. You just press t and put the stick back to center. It will then have the setting of your last input as it's new center position (if that makes any sense...:music_whistling:). Makes longer flights a hell lot easier.:)

Your are right Elor. My choice of words aren´t really good.

What i wanted to say is this: The most feelable difference between the Trim on and off positions, you will have more intensive with a FFB Joystick.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I hated the pilot trimmer abstraction when I first used it.

so I actually took all the springs out of my warthog just to avoid having to use it.

and I have never once regretted that decision :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.