Dropping multiple JDAMs on waypoints? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #21
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_19d View Post
Attached is a track of a setup I made in the ME to demonstrate.
I didn't see anything wrong with your method.

However, in a 2nd playback I flew around the targets after you'd designated the markpoints; seen from the other side, the markpoints all seemed to be a little off despite you using the laser during markpoint designation.

In any case, I don't recall the exact details, but I think IRL the GBU-38 is not guaranteed to be as accurate as it usually is in DCS.

Against softer or larger targets, it should still do very well, though.

On a completely unrelated note, you should do yourself a favor and always select weapon profiles via DMS switch, not weapon stations via DSMS (which means "manual profile" and will probably ignore all other profile settings you may have done).
Old 06-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #22
tom_19d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with your method.

However, in a 2nd playback I flew around the targets after you'd designated the markpoints; seen from the other side, the markpoints all seemed to be a little off despite you using the laser during markpoint designation.
Thanks for checking Yurgon. I too had noticed mark points looked slightly off if I overfly the targets so that is why I wanted another set of eyes on my method. I just didn’t remember suffering so many misses with 38’s the last time I got serious in the A10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
On a completely unrelated note, you should do yourself a favor and always select weapon profiles via DMS switch, not weapon stations via DSMS (which means "manual profile" and will probably ignore all other profile settings you may have done).
Totally agree, on a normal mission I would have configured all my profiles and used the rotary but I just wanted to get a track together as quick as I could that would only show the bare minimum needed for troubleshooting with as few variables as possible.
tom_19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #23
Revs

I am just guessing, it may have to do with other complains about aircraft sinking thru the ground. If laser is getting coordinate from the ground then it maybe a problem if rendered ground is at diff. elevation than actual ground.

To make it more interesting try messing with the mission QFE.

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27
Revs is online now   Reply With Quote