Dynamic weather - beginner question

sirrah

I'm not yet familiar with the dynamic weather option in the ME. I did watch a few YT videos that I could find, but didn't find an answer to this..

Is it possible, using dynamic weather, to have the weather change from overcast to light clouds or clear sky? Would be awesome to be able to take off from a wet carrier deck and have the mission target area clear sky (to be able to use a targeting pod)

Is this somehow possible yet? Or do we need to wait for the new weather system ED is working on?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yes, with Dynamic Weather it is possible to have different weather at different areas of the map.

A solid overcast is not possible with Dynamic Weather at all though. Dynamic Weather has a lot of issues currently and I think the whole weather system will get reworked soon.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, with Dynamic Weather it is possible to have different weather at different areas of the map.

A solid overcast is not possible with Dynamic Weather at all though. Dynamic Weather has a lot of issues currently and I think the whole weather system will get reworked soon.

Aww, too bad you can't go from overcast to clear skies. That'd be awesome to have.

Is it possible to locally add mist/haze? Or will it effect the entire map only?

I've been playing a little with dynamic weather and loaded a dynamic weather template I downloaded.

Let's say, I found out that AI aircraft can't handle anything other than headwind, when landing on the new Supercarrier :lol:

They all make extreme last second corrections and crash onto the carrier deck, without exceptions :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Aww, too bad you can't go from overcast to clear skies. That'd be awesome to have.

Is it possible to locally add mist/haze? Or will it effect the entire map only?

Mist/haze is not part of the dynamic weather system, as this only affects clouds, wind and rain.

I've been playing a little with dynamic weather and loaded a dynamic weather template I downloaded.

Let's say, I found out that AI aircraft can't handle anything other than headwind, when landing on the new Supercarrier :lol:

They all make extreme last second corrections and crash onto the carrier deck, without exceptions :P

:lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Another thing to keep in mind with dynamic weather is that it works by pressure equalization. So, weather only transitions in one direction, worst to best. In order for it to transition the other way, new pressure systems would need to be introduced and pretty sure no one has figured out how to do that yet.