A-8 vs D-9

falk1234

Very nice to read. ED could hire you as a salesman ;). Guess I'll take a Dora. Thank you.

I have bought the A8 but only because I already had the Dora. Good choice! :D

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

FW 190 D-9

Fw 190 D-9 is a gentlemens WW2 prop plane that uses speed, rate of climb and precision to obliterate flying bicycles also known as spitfires. Fw 190 D-9 is a plane that can do anything as long as it's going fast. Unlike Spitfire which gunsight is jumping everywhere like it's having parkinsons disease, Fw 190 D-9 has rock solid, calm gunsight because german quality lol...

You don't get into close turn chasing, actually you don't turn at all except when you are to gain speed or when you need that few extra degrees to kill those inferior quality planes. You fly fast! You leave your teammates to entertain your enemies while you are accumulating speed and altitude, then you storm one unsuspecting who has risen his nose too much with your blistering 700 km/h speed with 1,5 second burst you tear his wings and climb to safe altitude again out of combat. If you loose your speed you DIE. If you turn to much you DIE.

Fw 190 D-9 is the best warbird in DCS and is OP in right hands.

Fw 190 A-8

Fw 190 A-8 is a nice radial engine plane that can fight at low altitudes and abuse it's fast roll rate maneuvers to gain advantage over it's enemies. It's generally considered very bad warbird (in DCS) for dogfights because she has weak engine and your opponents are usually two very best late WW2 warbirds like Spitfire IX and Mustang.

Fw 190 A-8 can carry 2 "rockets", bombs and has tons of armor that can (with some luck) survive few strong bursts from OP B-17 gunpods. Rockets can be used for AA and AG. This warbird will be more and more popular as more A.I. WW2 content becomes released.

The Dora is certainly not OP. And I beg to differ, the A8 can be competitive in online A2A. You just have to fly smart

The Dora is certainly not OP. And I beg to differ, the A8 can be competitive in online A2A. You just have to fly smart

I bought Anton and I like it, I do play against AI more often than humans but still I can shred few P51's and I love it's insane firepower.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...