Group of 4 planes attacking different targets.

alexbap

Hi,

I want a group of 4 F-5Es armed with rockets and an iron bomb to attack various planes parked at this airbase. I use the advance action "bombing" and create multiple "bombing" actions to set multiple targets. I didn't check the "GROUP ATTACK" option so that each plane attack each target.

My problem is that instead of attacking targets at the same time, they just attack one target of a time and the remaining planes of the group, while the attack is being performed by one of them, are just flying around doing nothing. This way they are getting alot of time to preform the attack and getting themselfs very vulnerable to ground defenses.

Is there a way to make them to attack simultaneous to do an expedict job?

Do I have to create 4 separate groups with one plane each?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Yes, you will have to make 4 different flights. I found the same issue, one flight takes turn attacking multiple targets, making them very inefficient.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks Exorcet.

It would be nice if we could have an advance command like "split" and "rejoin".

Lets hope AIs receive some improvements because right now DCS is much suitible to aircraft training and simple dogfights arena servers than complex and realistic combat flight.

Edited by alexbap

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Thanks for the tip Blech but unfortunatly on "Search and Engage in Zone" list, there's no static planes. If that list had more units or object types and if that "Search and Engage in Zone" was available on more types ofground attack roles, it would make DCS alot more suitible to realistic mission types.

Thanks. I have to try it.

If they consider static airplanes as "fortification" like any other static object, then I still have a problem because I have a high dense populated airbase with alot of static objects and I want them to focus only on parked planes but If they treat static planes as regular air targets then I can work with that. I just have to uncheck all other options from list.

I'll try tonight and report back so that others can learn.

Thanks anyway for your help.