Forcing easy comms

Sandman1330

Strangest thing...

I have a server mission where I have, in the options, not checked enforce for easy comms. Both check marks are not checked - enforce, and the value.

I have easy comms turned off in my gameplay settings, with the check mark selected to apply these settings to all missions.

Therefore, the behaviour I would expect is: With easy comms turned off in my master gameplay settings, and the option not enforced by the mission, I should have easy comms off when I join the mission. Another person joining who wishes to use easy comms (has it turned on in gameplay settings) should be able to use it.

What I'm experiencing is that easy comms is enforced on, regardless of settings in gameplay. Therefore, when I join, easy comms is on - it is overriding my gameplay setting, without having selected "enforce" in the mission.

It is reeking havoc with my voiceattack.

I don't want to have to enforce easy comms off, as I want people to be able to have the option.

Any idea why it would be enforcing on even though it's not selected to do so?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Dedicated server.

It's really weird. Sometimes I'm unable to uncheck the value when I uncheck enforce, so what I end up seeing is easy comms turned on, but not enforced. I'm unable to uncheck the value. When it's like this, it enforces easy comms on, even though enforce is unchecked.

But after saving and exiting several times, it now shows both boxes unchecked - and now it works.

Super weird. I'll have to do some more testing and see if it stays the way I want or reverts itself again

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I ask because I have been having a similar issue with the F10 Map view and I believe that it may be using the last - or most restrictive - values from the previously run missions instead of the values saved in the mission editor or the DCS instance that was used to edit the mission last. I have not noticed the Easy Comms issue, but I have never run a mission or made a mission that did not use realistic comms