[FIXED] CTD since latest update, not sure what's causing it.

JackHammer89

Hi since the latest up update i've been experiencing a CTD. Here's my log files, if someone can help me figure out what's causing it that'd be great.

I've increased my pagefile to 5gb i have loads of space on the SSD (DCS is on a separate SSD to windows), deleted FXO and metashaders, carried out a repair, deleted and reinstalled the JF17...

dcs.log-20191204-211207.zip

Edited by uboats

• ED Team

Hi

sorry to see you are having issues.

Please see my crash advice link in my signature.

Remove all unofficial mods, run a cleanup and repair.

Generally we suggest increasing your pagefile we have a guide here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

Let us know if it helps.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Since the last open beta update and with the JF17, I also encounter CTD. In attachment, you'll find the full crash logs.

I have increase the pagefile to 16GB (I have 64GB so not an issue).

I have droped my saved games folder to be sure to have a clean one.

I use no mods.

PC clean, freshly reinstalled, windows update done and with very few softwares installed on it, mainly dedicated to DCS.

I am playing in VR with a Rift S

the crash log provided has occured during the JF17 caucasus easy landing mission. Suddenly, the hourglass appeared and I had the blue popup displayed on the monitor. Note that previous this crash, I encountered other crash with a windows popup indicating C++ Runtime error but no specific message about dll, except to contact the revendor.

I encountered no issue when flying the P51D before the JF17. Crashes have always been encountered when flying the JF17.

Thanks in advance for your help, hope the crash log will give answers :)

Let me known if I should post in the JF17 dedicated forum instead

dcs.log-20191204-232454.zip

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Hi lolpatrol

i checked your log files and noticed that all the crash are related to ai ground units etc

cannot find any info related to jf-17

please check whether you uploaded wrong ones?

Hi parrettjung

could you upload your log with crash file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I have had a few crashes to with JF 17 i even flew other jets and had no issues? I flew single player and was tinkering with mission editor. If i change stuff in editor and save it would sometimes crash?

dcs.log-20191204-192304.zip

dcs.log-20191204-222215.zip

dcs.log-20191204-224619.zip

Edited by Dusty44

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

I'm also getting ctd since last update, not even getting into the game. I literally just went to fly, took the update, reset pc, load DCS again, it gets into the main menu, and before it finishes loading, usually a couple seconds, (VR frame rate turns smooth) I noticed the massive egg timer wouldn't stop rotating,I take headset off to find DCS has CTD.

Gonna try all the usual tricks next, but I have never had to do that after an update til now.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

My game crashed many times in VR while playing MP in a dynamic mission, the other guys playing in 2D monitors had no problems.

PD: looks like the one who crashed first was the Oculus OVRService, and later crashed DCS.

Have an Oculus Rift S

EDITED: The problem is after change the slot while the aircraft is in autostart mode, no problem if I leave the server and get a new slot or the same one, the OVRService crash

Edited by JunMcKill

I have had a few crashes to with JF 17 i even flew other jets and had no issues? I flew single player and was tinkering with mission editor. If i change stuff in editor and save it would sometimes crash?

I was getting similar errors where it would freeze up or just straight CTD if I tried to start the mission directly form the mission editor, but where running the exact same mission from the main menu would work without a hitch.

dcs.log-20191205-000001.zip

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Hi guys

we just checked your crash log, and noticed those crashed are related to DCS api, particle effect and even ai ground units.

Cannot see any direct relation to jf-17. is there a constant crash of same operation?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Crashing for me as well

Hope this can help.

P.s added some new crash files it's happening quite often now.

P.s.s More crash files after small update today

dcs.20191205-030547.crash.zip

dcs.log-20191205-221357.zip

dcs.log-20191205-223249.zip

dcs.20191205-225939.crash.zip

Edited by fatboy
Added more crash files

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I also had a crash, but my Task Manager showed DCS with 17.4GB at that time, Windows simply was killing it due to overall mem usage hitting 29GB (of 32GB, no pagefile, this is typical Win behaviour, sadly - starts killing when free mem goes 10% or less). Logfile zip is broken as always ("DCS: can not create zip"), but I might just dump in the .log file zipped instead.

Edit: Rift CV1 here

dcs.log-19-05--01.zip

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I also have crash systematically when flying the JF17 but have any when flying other like the P51. I will try again today because the sample size of tests are not enough to really conclude but I am now convince there is an issue somewhere given the number of people complaining about crashes: core DCS or JF17 don't know.

I had in both the caucasus free flight and easy landing mission. Without using special systems, just turning on the cockpit light and playing with the stick and throttle.

It is the first time, I have crash like that with DCS and no issues before the open beta maj, no mods.

I also fly in VR with a Rift S. Could be a VR specific issue...

P.S I can't attach my crash log here because already attached in this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256837

Thanks you in advance,

Best regards

Edited by Chapa

I resolved issues quite quickly by following the clean then repair guide here;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Following the same process seems to have fix the issue for me too.

I looked at the _backup folder corresponding to the cleanup and repare processes and it contains only lua files used by VAICOM PRO and its extensions. It's not a proof that was the cause but it would not be surprising

I resolved issues quite quickly by following the clean then repair guide here;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

By following the clean/repair process from the link above, I am not able to reproduce crashes that tend to be easy to reproduce yersteday. Seems to have solve the issue

I looked at the _backup folder corresponding to the cleanup and repare processes and it contains only lua files used by VAICOM PRO and its extensions. It's not a proof that was the cause but it would not be surprising.

VR users tend to use Vaicom Pro, the JF17 beeing fresh new, temporary incompatibilty could be an answer... I encourage you to try the cleanup and the repair process, dont'relaunch Voice Attack before trying DCS and look at if crashes occur again.

Hello everybody. Yesterday I installed the JF-17 and three times I tried to use it, I had three crashes!! The first occurred when, after take-off, I started to explore the MFD functions, I don't remember which action I do on the panel keys, but the program was immediately terminated. The second occurred when I tried, without success, to operate the gun on board. The third when I wanted to land and opened the menu to contact the ATC. As suggested by the windows that appeared at the time of the crash, I sent the report generated (but I don't know if this actually happened).

Hello everybody. Yesterday I installed the JF-17 and three times I tried to use it, I had three crashes!! The first occurred when, after take-off, I started to explore the MFD functions, I don't remember which action I do on the panel keys, but the program was immediately terminated. The second occurred when I tried, without success, to operate the gun on board. The third when I wanted to land and opened the menu to contact the ATC. As suggested by the windows that appeared at the time of the crash, I sent the report generated (but I don't know if this actually happened).

please attach the crash log here, otherwise i have no clue what actually happened

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More crashing today - it certainly seems connected with having run the mission editor somehow. This crash occurred after I had been in the editor to update my general trying-things-out mission and left DCS alone for a while to update some info in the DCS wiki I maintain. When I came back, I started the mission by going to the mission screen from the main menu (without having closed DCS since the editing session) and it hung on the first frame, and CTDed a couple of seconds later.

Restarting DCS and loading the mission again caused no issues.

dcs.log-20191205-201523.zip

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧