[FIXED] Drag at very low altitude...

Xtacy

Hey, just playing around with the JF-17 and noticed with 0 fuel (engine off) i can coast at about 30AGL forever at 280 knots.

with engine, i can cruise at 300 knots at same altitude with engine idle.

Seems like there is no drag below about 120AGL at low speed.

tested in the instant action freeflight in caucasus. (clean jet)

Edited by LJQCN101

Also saw this. Couldn't land lol. The thing just didn't want to come down naturally. Also when I ejected from the plane, it kept going straight. no indication that a pilot was no longer in it. no f**** given. drone variant of JF-17?

Edited by shaHeen-1

Also when I ejected from the plane, it kept going straight. no indication that a pilot was no longer in it. no f**** given. drone variant of JF-17?

FBW is taking over that's why. Without a pilot, stick would also return to neutral.

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

is this the "Corrected ground effect" entry in the new change log?, because I have also noticed this...at certain ¿altitude?, the plane seems to not have any kind of drag so it can accelerate at extreme high g's, like it has a super rocket engine. However, if you pull to the absolute max stick deflection it seems to start loosing energy but this looks like an incorrect behaviour.

thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

is this the "Corrected ground effect" entry in the new change log?, because I have also noticed this...at certain ¿altitude?, the plane seems to not have any kind of drag so it can accelerate at extreme high g's, like it has a super rocket engine. However, if you pull to the absolute max stick deflection it seems to start loosing energy but this looks like an incorrect behaviour.

thanks!

Hi, I might know this issue. Did you remember what altitude/speed/AOA you were at?

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

For me it was trying to land. It wasn't a try hard landing but I still kept waiting in idle and airbrakes for the flight path marker to fall down to the E bracket but it was way slow. No indication that plane was exponentially losing speed. It also doesn't slow down on the ramp or after touch down easily. Drag feels low. I dunno maybe it's not this plane and all other modules have higher drag than real life like the sd10 vs 120 issue.

Edited by shaHeen-1