[NO BUG] COLD START - Can't move throttle.

I read thru some posts hoping someone else had this issue. Trying to do the cold start. Engage the right motor but cannot move the throttle quadrant. Either side. Looked thru the options but not sure what to do. Any idea?

• ED Team
I read thru some posts hoping someone else had this issue. Trying to do the cold start. Engage the right motor but cannot move the throttle quadrant. Either side. Looked thru the options but not sure what to do. Any idea?

The cold start tutorial is your friend :)

Yes, it is set and used the exact same way. Works fine here.

Sorry Wags, probably is my fault, but i'm not able to use warthog detent for shutdown or start at all. With or without fingerlift.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

I was watching the tutorial on youtube but I didn't see it mention the throttles. Also, on the other aircraft it was HOME button I thought. Anyway, all good now.

The key command to start the engines are mentioned in the included training Cold Start lesson.

I literally just watched your cold start tutorial and there's nothing about key commands. You literally say "at, uh, about 20% rpm on the right engine we'll move the right throttle forward and at that point it will introduce fuel..."

My warthog throttles are also not moving, won't bind to any throttle options in the control options menu and won't even respond to key commands.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Idle cutoff detents working perfectly fine here with the Warthog throttle.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Hey Wags, I've rewatched it a couple times today, tried going step by step with the video and my Warthog throttles won't move at all! And for the life of me I can't find anywhere in the video where throttle related key commands are mentioned. Help! I've been trying to get the damn throttles to move for like two hours now!

For unknown reason idle detent on with Rshift + home doesnt work for me but Ralt + home for left throttle detent works fine. So yeah I just mapped it to my saitek throttle and works ok.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Hey Wags, I've rewatched it a couple times today, tried going step by step with the video and my Warthog throttles won't move at all! And for the life of me I can't find anywhere in the video where throttle related key commands are mentioned. Help! I've been trying to get the damn throttles to move for like two hours now!

Ok, just figured it out myself, also after ~2 hours of messing around searching forums, YouTube, etc.

Move your throttle to the cutoff detent on the appropriate "THROTTLE - OFF/IDLE".

Set your left and right throttles to the left and right THRUST axis in the Axis Commands submenu

What a frickin pain that was.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• ED Team
I literally just watched your cold start tutorial and there's nothing about key commands. You literally say "at, uh, about 20% rpm on the right engine we'll move the right throttle forward and at that point it will introduce fuel..."

My warthog throttles are also not moving, won't bind to any throttle options in the control options menu and won't even respond to key commands.

Please read the text of the tutorial.

This is also gone over the the Hornet Early Access Guide that game with the download (mods/aircraft/FA-18C/docs)

Please read the text of the tutorial.

This is also gone over the the Hornet Early Access Guide that game with the download (mods/aircraft/FA-18C/docs)

This was my fault Wags. I think you're referring to the in-game tutorial missions, and this whole time I've been scrutinizing your YouTube videos. I totally forgot that modules come with training missions. I'm gonna jump on those right now. Apologies, sir.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ED Team
This was my fault Wags. I think you're referring to the in-game tutorial missions, and this whole time I've been scrutinizing your YouTube videos. I totally forgot that modules come with training missions. I'm gonna jump on those right now. Apologies, sir.

No worries and have fun!

Sorry Wags, probably is my fault, but i'm not able to use warthog detent for shutdown or start at all. With or without fingerlift.

Make sure use assign the throttle IDLE command to the warhog throttle.

Edited by Precog

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, any command that is either/or is a multi position command. So switch on will do one thing and another when it goes off. I'm loving it. I used to use XPadder to mimic this with keyboard commands. Glad that's something I don't have to do with the Hornet.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

Make sure use assign the throttle IDLE command to the warhog throttle.

yes, i've forgotten this passage.

works perfect now!

thank you

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

I'm about sick to my stomach..none of the throttle/keybinding fixes posted are working for me. I've played DCS for years and am very familiar with keybindings/mapping etc. Furthermore, the keyboard shortcut key bindings are not working anymore either. They worked a couple of times but, have now stopped working for some reason so, I can't even do a cheat cold start now. I've made no keybinding changes. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using a X-56 Rhino throttle/joystick combo.

For some reason my throttle detention only rcognised as butto 29 when being slid BACK to off, from the idle position. So to use it on start I the have to move over the hump, back once, the cycle agin, HEY it cycles the engine start. No problem.

If it was an axis, I could invert it problem solved. But for engine shut down it refuses to play. Odd seeing it’s a single button action. But no big deal I can usu the keyboard to shut down

For unknown reason idle detent on with Rshift + home doesnt work for me but Ralt + home for left throttle detent works fine. So yeah I just mapped it to my saitek throttle and works ok.

I'm having the same issue, in that left works fine (RAlt-Home), but right doesn't(RShift-Home). It's not my RShift key as other commands that use RShift work. I tried temporarily mapping RAlt-Home to do the right detent, and that did work?! So that's my current workaround - Change the mapping to right detent to RAlt-Home, start the right engine, then change the left detent mapping back to RAlt-Home and start the left engine. Bit of a pain!