Mouse click switches

Bagpipe

Probably asked a thousand times but i just got the module and noticed that most of the switches go against the grain of other modules in using the right-click=up left-click=down method of interaction.

With the upgraded cockpit coming, can this be addressed as it is driving me insane coming from other modules to the hog and having to flick switches several times to have them do what i want.

Also, will the view be getting looked at, even if i adjust the default view, you are left with a strange camera behaviour where it now pivots around whatever offset from default you have created so looking downwards lifts your view slightly also etc.

On the other hand, i cant believe i didnt get the hog sooner, never excited me after flying the A10a but jeez it's incredible, so much fidelity i dont even know what to do with :lol:

Cheers

+1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

It's been like that in the A10 since before the other modules existed.

Left click = Up/Left, Right click = Down/Right.

I was surprised when the newer modules started doing it the other way. In either case I would like it to be consistent across the board, either one way or the other.

If they're going to change anything, they should change the newer modules to have the same switch behavior as the A-10C. Don't go messin with my Hog! :D

Maybe they could add it to the control options for the different modules. I'd love to be able to make the F-16 switches behave the right way.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

It's been like that in the A10 since before the other modules existed.

Left click = Up/Left, Right click = Down/Right.

I was surprised when the newer modules started doing it the other way. In either case I would like it to be consistent across the board, either one way or the other.

That's not entirely true, take the front left panel where the M/A switch is.

The two top switches use one method and the ones below use another.

Not sure if it is just because the top ones are 2-way that probably either mouse click works.

Either way it would be alot less work to remap one module instead of 10+ as someone suggested after you.

FORKING LEGEND! That will do for now man CHEERS! :thumbup::thumbup::cheer3nc:

They should still officially update it though along with everything else they are doing or they will just look silly for not doing so lol

Agreed, but this should keep your sanity in the meantime.

Just stumbled across this post. First off, bravo sir and nice work! Question: will this fail an IC for multiplayer? Would love to install this, but don’t want to have to get used to two different methods from SP to MP if so...

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria