I thought FA18 had a hands off stick carrier launch?

silent one

In the DCS Hornet for a cat launch advancing the throttle all the way forward will only get you MIL. You MUST use the finger lifts if you want to go into AB for a cat launch. In the air, the lifts are not required as you can just advance to full throttle and get into AB.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I understand that the F-18 has no finger-lift for engaging reheat, it's just a detent that can be pushed through.

I thought the finger lifts are for getting it from Stop to Idle?

Yep the finger lifts are only used to get the throttle to idle. The afterburner has. A slight bump you simply push through.

From NATOPS:

KLUjEjo.png

So like I said, the detent is raised and you need to use the lifts to go right over it (unabated)...or can you 32 pounds of force push through it, which obviously DCS has no way to simulate so you just push right through.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So like I said, the detent is raised and you need to use the lifts to go right over it (unabated)...or can you 32 pounds of force push through it, which obviously DCS has no way to simulate so you just push right through.

Yes, the DSC approximation of this is to have mil to reheat a push-through, no finger-lifts necessary, finger-lifts only required for idle to off. Finger lift is not required to apply reheat, which when regarding a bolter with tail-hook down makes sense.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I can't push right through.

- Hook UP - checked

- Launch bar down

- <U> - shuttle connects me to the cat

- push T/O-trim button (old habit from the Super-Hornet which sets another trim with launch bar down)

- Launch bar UP

- check and adjust trim

- Throttle ADVANCE TO MAX

->> results in MIL only.

Even after the cat-shot I have to cycle the throttle back to MIL and forward to MAX again to get into AB.

When I monitored it correct the AB as well did not came up with Hook down and weight on wheels during a bolter - but that maybe a false observation.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

So where and how do you set the trim?

Silent One,

You have to set the takeoff trim manually (beyond using the TO Trim button). Here are the settings:

Below 44,000 gross weight = stab trim 16 degrees (MIL or burners)

45,000 to 48,000 gross weight = stab trim 17 degrees (MIL or burners)

49,000 and above = stab trim 19 degrees (Burners required)

This will allow the aircraft to trim to 3 degrees pitch at the end of the stroke IF you achieve the proper end speed. So wind across the deck and whether or not you use burners can make a difference as well.

Good luck!

So where and how do you set the trim?

On your DDI's have the Checklist Page up, that will show you your Gross Weight and amount of Nose-Up Trim you have applied.

To trim, press the Takeoff Trim button located on the Rudder Trim Dial on the Left Console, this will set 12° Nose-Up Trim. Then you have to manually trim for your gross weight by using the Trim button located on the Stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/