Supercarrier Package Clarification?

Steve Gee

It’s up to individuals to decide wether to purchase SC or not. Mission designers will make some campaigns that utilize the features of the SC. If you don’t have SC you won’t be able to play those campaigns. ED gives you a base game to offer an introduction to DCS. Everything else is pay to play. That’s capitalism at its finest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The upcoming campaign that I linked is incompatible with non-SC users *only* because the spawn count on the free carrier is about half of that of the DLC equivalent. It is the only barrier there is.

That's not capitalism at it's finest, that's just lazy development. But sure, if they won't be arsed to fix the carriers and thus allow more people to buy the campaign, that's their choice, it's a lose-lose.

The upcoming campaign that I linked is incompatible with non-SC users *only* because the spawn count on the free carrier is about half of that of the DLC equivalent. It is the only barrier there is.

That's not capitalism at it's finest, that's just lazy development. But sure, if they won't be arsed to fix the carriers and thus allow more people to buy the campaign, that's their choice, it's a lose-lose.

That actually raises a question I haven't even thought of before: is there a way to detect (via scripting or just through built-in triggers) what modules are active on the client end? It would be an interesting way, if a bit work-heavy, to work around such cases: if the mission detects an active SC license, it activates the supercarrier and aircraft launching off of it; if not, it actives a different setup based on the regular carriers.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

The mission designer is creating a “reason” or “need” to buy SC, that’s called marketing and it is regularly employed by companies worldwide. As a purchaser I expect to have more than those that don’t purchase and the depth of the environment to be better.

Many other study level simulations that we have flown are companies that have been shuttered and development and support ceased. In order for ED to continue to operate and evolve DCS, a steady stream of monetized products must be released. To expect a pay for play module to offer a non purchaser any level of functionality doesn’t make any business sense. Support the company and buy it, if you are interested in carrier ops and encourage your fellow players to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• ED Team

We value your opinion, but please do not start being insulting with it.

The team are looking at MP CV spawning and when we have news to share with you about it we will.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

The super carrier wont have pre-built missions, it is the aircraft that have the missions.

There will be some missions likely for landing and take off for hornet instant action / missions.

For third party aircraft you would have to ask the third party.

Thanks

Will The Su-33D has it wings fixed?

They snap even if Su-33 had G limiter :)

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• ED Team
Will The Su-33D has it wings fixed?

They snap even if Su-33 had G limiter :)

I have a report in to have the G limiter checked, but don't have any news about it sorry.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2