Supercarrier Package Clarification?

Steve Gee

I have posted the link to thread where it's discussed, didn't know that I had to quote individual posts :-)

I am sure others can do what you did and read through.

Anyway, unless this works with F-14, I won't consider buying the module, pity ED were not clear about it from the start.

Edited by veenee

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

The whole story is that F-14 is in works but not confirmed if it will be supported on launch or how long it will take before the tomcat is properly supported. Maybe months, maybe weeks but we don’t know.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

My question is whether the deck crew will support the launching of AI aircraft as well or not. It'd be pretty cool to see the full process for another jet while I'm waiting for my turn to launch.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I think the cat launch crews are/will be automatic from previous comments, you'd think it would include AI since many enjoy the single player experience...maybe a selectable setting at least or a total on/off selection?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I have posted the link to thread where it's discussed, didn't know that I had to quote individual posts :-)

I am sure others can do what you did and read through.

Anyway, unless this works with F-14, I won't consider buying the module, pity ED were not clear about it from the start.

That is work of Heatblur, and actually need compile the tomcat on the same version of the SuperCarrier.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4179726&postcount=2

Nothing, except the F14 and the supercarrier existing on the same version of DCS. We are working on compiling the F14 for EDs development branch.

The same situation with other 3rd parties with naval carrier aircrafts in a future.

That is work of Heatblur, and actually need compile the tomcat on the same version of the SuperCarrier.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4179726&postcount=2

The same situation with other 3rd parties with naval carrier aircrafts in a future.

Regardless whose 'fault' it is, it would be nice to know, that's all.

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

Thx for intel, It is not clear on ED-shop info https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/supercarrier/. Ill get it when I see Kuz :)

Reference this, and you’ll see that the Russian carrier is also included with the super carrier purchase....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4177096&postcount=234

So purchase away sir, purchase away.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Clarification: Supercarrier, F-14... now what? =) Questions

Hey guys,

ok let's say I own the Supercarrier and the F-14. I'm in the menue. I want to experience the Supercarrier features. Where do I go from here?

Is every carrier in pre-built missions going to be updated via Supercarrier or will I have to go and create my own missions (which is lame) in order to experience the Supercarrier functionalities?

I completely have no clue. How can I access all that stuff? Hornet drivers will get missions... and what about us bad ppl, like Tomcat drivers, who bought a 3rd party module?

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• ED Team

Hi

The super carrier wont have pre-built missions, it is the aircraft that have the missions.

There will be some missions likely for landing and take off for hornet instant action / missions.

For third party aircraft you would have to ask the third party.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for clarifying guys. :thumbup:

What else will the Hornet etc. get from the Supercarrier? I mean... it smells like it's favouring online flying squads but what about Singleplayers especially?

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Thank You to Hornblower793 for answering My question.

I purchased the super carrier last night, and am not able to download it.

I thought it was available now ? So I guess after looking around on youtube that its not been released as of yet.

Thanks for any info....

Mike

Edited by ctguy1955
not released yet Thanks to Hornblower793

Thanks for clarifying guys. :thumbup:

What else will the Hornet etc. get from the Supercarrier? I mean... it smells like it's favoring online flying squads but what about Singleplayers especially?

So the item that I'm most excited about is the better spawn points which does favor multiplayer. However it will be useful for singlevplayer too with its animated deck crea, much improved visuals, and much more realistic coms and procedures for case 1, 2, and 3 landings. Its up to you if that makes it worth it. But I'm happy to see ED doing something to improve the DCS environment.

I purchased the super carrier last night, and am not able to download it.

I thought it was available now ? So I guess after looking around on youtube that its not been released as of yet.

Thanks for any info....

Mike

Wait for version 2.5.6 which they are now working on / testing

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi

The super carrier wont have pre-built missions, it is the aircraft that have the missions.

There will be some missions likely for landing and take off for hornet instant action / missions.

For third party aircraft you would have to ask the third party.

Thanks

Is there ever any chance that there will be campaigns utilizing the supercarrier?

It's becoming less and less likely because of all the requirements. "To buy this campaign you must have X aircraft and Y map and Z add-on", so that the campaign itself is a fraction of the cost to run it, meaning only a fraction of the players can and will utilize it.

Is there no way to impose limits to deal with this? Say, if you buy a campaign you can use the map and/or add-ons for it, but only for that campaign. Opening up to a much wider base as well as serving as a good "teaser" to get more people to buy quality products.

Is there ever any chance that there will be campaigns utilizing the supercarrier?

It's becoming less and less likely because of all the requirements. "To buy this campaign you must have X aircraft and Y map and Z add-on", so that the campaign itself is a fraction of the cost to run it, meaning only a fraction of the players can and will utilize it.

Is there no way to impose limits to deal with this? Say, if you buy a campaign you can use the map and/or add-ons for it, but only for that campaign. Opening up to a much wider base as well as serving as a good "teaser" to get more people to buy quality products.

You will most likely, be able to load an existing mission via mission editor - and replace an existing carrier unit, with the new carrier (or simply add another one). I'm not heavily versed with mission editor by any means, but you can do it with aircraft (F-14B mission, and replace it with F/A-18C) so can't see why you couldn't do it with a carrier.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You will most likely, be able to load an existing mission via mission editor - and replace an existing carrier unit, with the new carrier (or simply add another one). I'm not heavily versed with mission editor by any means, but you can do it with aircraft (F-14B mission, and replace it with F/A-18C) so can't see why you couldn't do it with a carrier.

Cheers,

Don

It only works for low-fidelity self-made individual missions. Campaign missions tend to be more complex in terms of scripting, spawns, triggers and so on.

It has already begun - an upcoming carrier-based campaign is unable to run without Supercarrier because of these issues, solely because the spawn counts are so different.

• ED Team

It is up to the mission or campaign designer if they utilise the supercarrier in their missions.

I am sure we will see a bit of both with some choosing to use it and others not.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It only works for low-fidelity self-made individual missions. Campaign missions tend to be more complex in terms of scripting, spawns, triggers and so on.

It has already begun - an upcoming carrier-based campaign is unable to run without Supercarrier because of these issues, solely because the spawn counts are so different.

It’s up to individuals to decide wether to purchase SC or not. Mission designers will make some campaigns that utilize the features of the SC. If you don’t have SC you won’t be able to play those campaigns. ED gives you a base game to offer an introduction to DCS. Everything else is pay to play. That’s capitalism at its finest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk