winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil)

twistking

On 1/18/2021 at 9:51 PM, 1987kess said:

I recently asked ED on the steam forum to give some love to the Yak-52. @BIGNEWY answered that they will reallocate some people when other jobs were done, so I hope they will have some commitment to this module this year.

6 months later there is still absolutely nothing.

It's a shame because I really enjoy the Yak in Syria map with the 2.7. And I'm pretty sure they will fix the current issues (bugs, lod, damage model, new prop model) in no time if they will put some effort on it. Or maybe they can just relay on a 3rd party to help finishing the job.

It's not about economically return of the module, which obviously seems pretty bad. It's about the costumers that have bought an EA module and the moral actions needed to support your released product and your clients.

Edited by 1987kess
  • Like 3

"We will reallocate people when other jobs are done" has been said since this was first brought up in 2019. The problem is that other jobs are never done. When other jobs get to a temporary stopping point, people are reallocated to the next new module they plan on releasing. Just as it did with the A8. Just as it did with the Jug. Just as it did with the Mozzie.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Nealius said:

"We will reallocate people when other jobs are done" has been said since this was first brought up in 2019. The problem is that other jobs are never done. When other jobs get to a temporary stopping point, people are reallocated to the next new module they plan on releasing. Just as it did with the A8. Just as it did with the Jug. Just as it did with the Mozzie.

This is exaclty true. @BIGNEWY @NineLine @Wags We would appreciate a timeline/actual sign of action being taken to fix and pull the Yak out of beta. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• NineLine locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 9:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

It is long overdue to be finished and it is still planned, I just can not give specifics at the moment.

You and your team need to come up with some specifics other than being vauge as usual. It has been out now for 3 years with essentially 0 updates. As a customer it is only fair to expect these products to be completed in a reasonable time frame. Obviously the Yak wasn't as popular as the others but leaving it this long with the same statement being made for the last 2 years is just not acceptable. The last thread on this subject was locked, I think it is fair to leave this open for updates and comments to be pushed through here. 

I will look forward to future updates on this aircraft. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, hazzer said:

You and your team need to come up with some specifics other than being vauge as usual. It has been out now for 3 years with essentially 0 updates. As a customer it is only fair to expect these products to be completed in a reasonable time frame. Obviously the Yak wasn't as popular as the others but leaving it this long with the same statement being made for the last 2 years is just not acceptable. The last thread on this subject was locked, I think it is fair to leave this open for updates and comments to be pushed through here. 

I will look forward to future updates on this aircraft. 

Hi Hazzer,

When I have specifics I will share it.

I look forward to your positive comments once we do.

Thanks 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi Hazzer,

When I have specifics I will share it.

I look forward to your positive comments once we do.

Thanks 

I will look forward to giving them. 

I hope you do understand my frustration as the Yak has been missing many fundamentals of the sim, namely an effective LOD model meaning it effects people in multiplayer who aren't even flying it. Generally I love the Yak but it shouldn't be wip for this long. 

Many thanks, 

Harry. 

• Like 8

I agree about not closing the topics: people interested in the yak-52 (like me) deserve to know the state of completion, and a topic that prods ED about its shortcomings and delays is what is needed, just to know when it will be the right time to buy (obviously not yet).

• Like 5

Especially when this should be the most simple aircraft to do in DCS...

• Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

the situation is unacceptable. i think ED has to offer refunds to everyone that purchased the yak.

i probably would rebuy the yak once it's finished, or maybe i wouldn't even take the refund. it would be the gesture that counts.

i have bought the yak with a discount, so the little money i "burnt" would not matter to me otherwise, but i still feel deceived by a company that i absolutely want to like. also, since nearly everything is somewhat early access now, ED needs their customers to not only like them, but to trust them.

how can i buy the f/a-18 (which is still not complete) without remorse when the yak is still in this sad state after years...

we need more than an excuse by a community manager. also an excuse should come with a promise otherwise it's a shallow one...

• Like 13

You can call the Yak a tea pot, of course the f/a-18 is the whole cookware, but I didn't tell ED to release this little prop driven unarmed teapot, they might not make it at all and no one would have anything to say. But they did it, and now we expect it to come to an end, I think it's a reasonable request.

• Like 5

• ED Team
On 7/2/2021 at 9:12 AM, twistking said:

we need more than an excuse by a community manager. also an excuse should come with a promise otherwise it's a shallow one...

Associate producer and community manger. 

I appreciate the frustration, I really do. We are well aware the YAK-52 is long overdue some love. If I could give your specific timelines I would, but I can not currently. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is the issue though. You clearly see there are lots of people irritated about this. So surely the natural thing to do would be to communicate this and then form a plan with the ED Team to work on it once more and finish the Yak? 

Coming back with the no plan isn't a good enough answer for anyone here. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, hazzer said:

This is the issue though. You clearly see there are lots of people irritated about this. So surely the natural thing to do would be to communicate this and then form a plan with the ED Team to work on it once more and finish the Yak? 

Coming back with the no plan isn't a good enough answer for anyone here. 

Id love to see the module made free, and purchasers given 'miles'- Initially, i had zero interest in this module, until i jokingly flew it in the free to play a couple of years ago.
Since then- Ive gone on to fly it with adoration.

I think the trouble is.. If he says anything on here- wether its positive or not, he will be held accountable, and the wolves that walk among this forum- will go on to use his words against him.
So in this instance, until ED decide to do anything, he cant actually say anything or give us information to help us.
Its for the people with power at the top and the people who make the decisions, to decide wether or not they can push resources our way.

We just have to put up with no news, and accept 'this is the norm' on modules that arent profitable.
And if we arent happy, maybe we just keep the threads alive, and garner more interest for the module.
Which is ironic, considering its not getting the attention it deserves from the devs.

This only really affects us, and the people that have bought the module, so maybe we either ask for a refund if we arent happy with the progress, or we just accept that this is the fate of unpopular modules?

What would you have happen given everything we know so far?

• Like 1

I really want to support this module, but am having trouble getting past all the negative press here.

I get how plans can change/get disrupted, but the community was promised the module would be completed by the end of 2020 and are now left waiting with no idea in terms of what to expect. To be fair, I think ED should at least offer the community an explanation with some sort of approximate timeline.

1 hour ago, Callsign112 said:

I really want to support this module, but am having trouble getting past all the negative press here.

I get how plans can change/get disrupted, but the community was promised the module would be completed by the end of 2020 and are now left waiting with no idea in terms of what to expect. To be fair, I think ED should at least offer the community an explanation with some sort of approximate timeline.

FWIW, knowing what I know now versus what I didn't know when I bought the module, I'd still buy it today. For just tootling around and enjoying flying solo it is still a great module today. I use it regularly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ags said:

Maybe its time to ask for refunds, on the ground of this software not being maintained.

Since when that is ground for refunds? ... I have lots and lots of other games that are not maintained, it would be nice to be able to recover some money out of them 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB