Red Flag Rumble October - Mig21 & Mig19 vs F5

Excellent Red Flag Rumble, thank you 104th for hosting as always! And congratulations to you communist Fishbed bastards on the 2-0 win!

If I may offer one piece of feedback, I would suggest that Slmod be removed from the equation in the future. To me it seems the design objective regarding who's dead and who gets to come back is based around realism, people who (most regrettably) tally up a teamkill (or teamhit, I believe there was also at least one kick for that) and go on to live with the shame are not dead and completely capable of flying back to recover their aircraft and pilot. But of course Slmod steps in and artificially removes them from the situation, and at least in my situation I was not allowed to come back in afterwards despite my not being in combat at the time I was kicked in the first round.

TKs are lame and penalties are a totally reasonable response, but in an event like this I don't think it belongs. It's a penalty two-for-one to the entire team, and it seemed like a pretty decisive factor in the first round contributing to blue's loss. And of course, they're always gonna happen; in my case I was firing a Sidewinder at an enemy, at the time I pressed and held pickle I had solid tone and no friendlies in my field of view, by the time the missile released a friendly flew from under my nose where I couldn't see him (I was in a right hand turn tracking the target) and passed between the target and myself with full afterburners and lured the missile away. I don't think I could have reasonably avoided that outcome, so if we were going for the full-realism angle I think my court of inquiry wouldn't hang me completely out to dry, but Slmod did it anyway and took the whole team along for the ride.

EDIT: I should also note that I don't believe there was any discussion of being kicked for TK and disallowed from rejoining during the briefing on the rules, and as it happened it caught a lot of people out. If that's intended behavior, please be sure to mention it in the next briefing.

Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by pyromaniac4002