13 hours ago, PB0_CEF said:

Playing myself nearly exclusively in solo I discovered recently that to play with more FPS in heavy loaded DCE missions in VR I could use the DCS World Open-Beta server.  I use an old and low specs Laptop to launch this server (yes Fiber was installed few weeks ago 😛 ) and play solely in MP mod. It runs really smoother and there are no big differencies. Of course MP can be used to play the same campaign with different planes too !

Yeah been using this trick for Arma 3 and Falcon BMS before, just has do dust the old Laptop off and install it. Hopefully I will get playable frames in VR with the viper. the old FC3 planes runs smooth in VR  the viper, not so much. Not tried the Viggen yet but I guess it's somewhere between FC3 and Viper.

So I've never run the dedicated server before but I'm tempted to try it now on my spare laptop. Can anyone tell me if the laptop can still be used for other things while running the dedicated server? Does it use a lot of resources? Is it best to to just leave the laptop alone while it is running the dedicated server? 

9 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

So I've never run the dedicated server before but I'm tempted to try it now on my spare laptop. Can anyone tell me if the laptop can still be used for other things while running the dedicated server? Does it use a lot of resources? Is it best to to just leave the laptop alone while it is running the dedicated server? 

the blocking point will not be the processor, since DCS will only use one or two cores, but the problem will be the memory you will let it have
So, to do other light stuff, : I think it will pass
But to do "heavy" things (other games, video processing, shared computing etc..) it's dead

• Like 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

On 4/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Andrei said:

Ah, thank you! I figured changing to NG in scripts, but didn't figure out the re-save mission part 🙂 Otherwise it throws errors.

In the first mission, the deck looked beautiful, but unfortunately the late controlled F-14s didn't start when they were supposed to, which led to a full stop at the deck operations. I checked tasks and triggers - those were OK. No clue why they didn't start there..

An update of scriptsMod.NG is available, you can download it via the button of DCE_Manager.exe:

image.png

This is still a test campaign,
And please send us your mission files (and tacview if possible) if you find any errors.

You will probably get an alert

""(0a) ATTENTION: the variable: CVN_despawnAfterLanding was not found in the conf_mod file, chapter: mission_ini"

Don't worry ^^ an update of the campaign will come soon, if you can't wait, add this line in the conf_mod (in mission_ini chapter)

CVN_despawnAfterLanding = true,				-- (default = true) despawn aircraft landing on CVN and LHA ,this avoids collisions between taxxing and landing aircraft

78 -fixed: some planes do not taxi
79 -fixed: in the MP form, proposes targets already destroyed
80 -fixed: taxiing times are bad
81 -fixed: the player cannot spawning on the sixpack even if there is space available
82 -fixed: too much or too little aircraft on the deck.
83 -added: Check and Help CampaignMaker
85 -fixed: the player cannot spawning on the sixpack even if there is space available
86 -added: manual despawn of the planes blocking the deck.
87 -added: despawn aircraft landing on CVN and LHA (option conf_mod)
88 -fixed: planes blocked because of the sixpack
89 -added: version of scriptsmod in the mission file

• Like 1

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

And please tell me if the download of the ScripsMod update works, because I have no feedback on it ^^

DCE_Manager

2 minutes ago, noriyappi said:

I ran the updater and noticed that 6 files were changed.

I've also left feedback before that, but I often see the F-14 blocking the f-18 trying to use catapult #1 and #2. I will leave feedback after testing.

thanks

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

And please tell me if the download of the ScripsMod update works, because I have no feedback on it ^^

I haven't tested this new feature, but i'm running a manually 'NG'd' version of Crisis in PG - Hornet version. So far managed only four missions, but it looks good.

No further problems with carrier takeoff order, flights are generated as expected. Weather works as advertised. 

There were some problems with AI wingmen not being able to attack the static and map objects. However this is not the fault of DCE, rather DCS. The targeting tasks for AI fight were generated properly, it's just that WM are dumb 😄 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Thank you
and yet there were so many blockages on the deck, you are lucky not to have had to deal with that.

That said, Cef has discovered 2 other bugs, so you can update ScriptsMod again, we're moving to the NG version (20.45.91)

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

14 minutes ago, noriyappi said:

After the latest patch, the Mission Generator has changed a bit. Is this an error?2021-05-04 020603.png

Haha ^^
No, these are debugging lines (I have a lot of them ^^)

To disable them: 2 solutions:
-1 delete the ATO_FlightPlan.lua file in the ScriptsMod.NG folder then start the update again

-2 open the ATO_FlightPlan.lua file and change the value from true to false: the debugStart variable

image.png

Sorry again for the inconvenience

DCE_Manager

On 4/30/2021 at 11:47 PM, PB0_CEF said:

Playing myself nearly exclusively in solo I discovered recently that to play with more FPS in heavy loaded DCE missions in VR I could use the DCS World Open-Beta server.  I use an old and low specs Laptop to launch this server (yes Fiber was installed few weeks ago 😛 ) and play solely in MP mod. It runs really smoother and there are no big differencies. Of course MP can be used to play the same campaign with different planes too !

So I decided to put my laptop to use, installed the openbeta server, installed DCE,, so far no issues, set up all in router added in a mission folder and a few simple missions. Connecting and all seems to run as expected. Now I run the (after altering the lua script  to the one included) and run the firstmission.bat 
selecting Multiplayer, selecting Target option then I select F16C-50 as plane.
Invalid option...

Selecting any plane ... invalid option, a-g I belive was the options, none worked. Fresh install of everything and this game stopper.

18 minutes ago, Metal_121 said:

So I decided to put my laptop to use, installed the openbeta server, installed DCE,, so far no issues, set up all in router added in a mission folder and a few simple missions. Connecting and all seems to run as expected. Now I run the (after altering the lua script  to the one included) and run the firstmission.bat 
selecting Multiplayer, selecting Target option then I select F16C-50 as plane.
Invalid option...

Selecting any plane ... invalid option, a-g I belive was the options, none worked. Fresh install of everything and this game stopper.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You should see that when generating a mission for a Falcon 🙂

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hi Miguel and PBO

I fly your campaigns exclusively as Its the best mission / campaign system in DCS to date. Its like a weird mix between falcon 4 , falcon 3 and FA-18 Korea . Is there anything in particular I need to be looking for to improve this project? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ameriveaux said:

Hi Miguel and PBO

I fly your campaigns exclusively as Its the best mission / campaign system in DCS to date. Its like a weird mix between falcon 4 , falcon 3 and FA-18 Korea . Is there anything in particular I need to be looking for to improve this project? 

mmm? what do you mean?
I don't understand,

DCE_Manager

Dont know if this is mission related, but is there a way to shut up my wingman?  He constantly (every 2 seconds) reports contacts who are 150-200 mil. away during the entire flight^^

Edit. Mig-29 Campaign.

Edited by Semor76

forum.png

On 5/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, PB0_CEF said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You should see that when generating a mission for a Falcon 🙂

thx got it, my blind eyes didn't read all instructions so I entered 1  instead of 1es when selecting. All well bat file run as it should 🙂

Now the next issue, not really related to the campaign but to setup.  Cant pick the F-16..., Server is dedicated so it should have all modules in it but when trying to pick the F-16 it's greyed out, if I picked the M2000 it worked... don't have the M2000 on my playing rig so it will be a issue when connecting I assume. Skipped mission, next same thing.

Now I sorted it in a way that I didn't expect. Loaded in the FA18 campaign, then run the bat and selected the F16, all went thrue, now the FA 18 missions was grayed out and unselectable but the F16 had 2 selectable missions. Wierd but if it works it's ok

Edited by Metal_121

4 hours ago, Metal_121 said:

Now the next issue, not really related to the campaign but to setup.  Cant pick the F-16..., Server is dedicated so it should have all modules in it but when trying to pick the F-16 it's greyed out, if I picked the M2000 it worked... don't have the M2000 on my playing rig so it will be a issue when connecting I assume. Skipped mission, next same thing.

Now I sorted it in a way that I didn't expect. Loaded in the FA18 campaign, then run the bat and selected the F16, all went thrue, now the FA 18 missions was grayed out and unselectable but the F16 had 2 selectable missions. Wierd but if it works it's ok

Well I'm not sure to understand your problem ! What do you mean with "Server is dedicated so it should have all modules in it " ?

When you use DCS dedicated server you need to chose an MP option when you generate a mission :

image.png

The two MP choices are T (where you begin to chose your target) or N (where you begin to chose your plane)

If you play without any human wingman on a dedicated server you need to chose 1 flight only in the options then only one plane.

DCE will give you AI wingmen 🙂

So when you launch the mission you should only be able to see your chosen  plane in the list.

If you play alone and you prepare many flights of different planes to generate the mission the problem will be that all playable planes will not fly in the mission if no human select them...

Edited by PB0_CEF

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

4 hours ago, PB0_CEF said:

Well I'm not sure to understand your problem ! What do you mean with "Server is dedicated so it should have all modules in it " ?

When you use DCS dedicated server you need to chose an MP option when you generate a mission :

image.png

The two MP choices are T (where you begin to chose your target) or N (where you begin to chose your plane)

If you play without any human wingman on a dedicated server you need to chose 1 flight only in the options then only one plane.

DCE will give you AI wingmen 🙂

So when you launch the mission you should only be able to see your chosen  plane in the list.

If you play alone and you prepare many flights of different planes to generate the mission the problem will be that all playable planes will not fly in the mission if no human select them...

Yes got that and I tried again with the Falcon PG campaign and this time it worked, I must clicked the wrong combp somehow. Now when I got the missions at the server.. how to start the mission, in single play I choose the campaign and start from there in the server I need to select it, so is it Falcon over PG_ongoing or Falcon over PG_First, the cmp file is not selected in the server browser. I'm new to DCS server and just want it get right so I can enjoy it.

Also in SP uyou get this bat file running how does that work in the MP, do I need to be at the server and select the options or is it done automatically? Sorry for all the questions, I guess some will answer themselves as I get the campaign running in MP.

Edited by Metal_121

An update of the scriptsMod.NG (20.46.93) is available via the download ScriptsMod/Update.NG button of DCE_Manager.exe

=:20.46.93:==
-- M46 -Added- : SinglePlayer with dedicated server
93 -added: SinglePlayer with dedicated server

92 -fixed: in MP, the planes that spawn in flight appear at the beginning of the mission and land immediately

image.png

This new feature will allow those who fly solo on dedicated server to have a simplified choice (like the singlePlayer) and to have all the planes on the deck.

Edited by Miguel21
  • Like 1

DCE_Manager

@Miguel21

I have a problem with the Mig-29 Persian Gulf "Light" campaign. I can´t get past the first mission. DCE generates the 2nd one but DCS itself get stuck while loading the mission and I have to kill DCS via Task manager. Even skip the mission and generate a new one takes no effect.

script version is 20.43.66

Version is V4.6L

Telle me if you need more info´s

EDIT! The mission itself, hope it´s the right one.

Crisis in PG-Fulcrum IRIAF-Light_ongoing.miz

Edited by Semor76

forum.png

8 hours ago, Semor76 said:

@Miguel21

I have a problem with the Mig-29 Persian Gulf "Light" campaign. I can´t get past the first mission. DCE generates the 2nd one but DCS itself get stuck while loading the mission and I have to kill DCS via Task manager. Even skip the mission and generate a new one takes no effect.

script version is 20.43.66

Version is V4.6L

Telle me if you need more info´s

EDIT! The mission itself, hope it´s the right one.

Crisis in PG-Fulcrum IRIAF-Light_ongoing.miz 4.1 MB · 0 downloads

Hi

If you play with DCS open beta which is now in version 2.7.0 : all campaigns are incompatible (except the one we put in test : Hornet over Caucasus-CVN
In this case, you have to wait for Cef to upgrade these campaigns

if you play with DCS world, you must absolutely play the first mission and that it is well taken into account by DCS.
And for that, it is absolutely necessary to launch FirstMission.bat before playing the first mission.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

13 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

An update of the scriptsMod.NG (20.46.93) is available via the download ScriptsMod/Update.NG button of DCE_Manager.exe

image.png

This new feature will allow those who fly solo on dedicated server to have a simplified choice (like the singlePlayer) and to have all the planes on the deck.

what is the reason to play SP in a server?, any advantages?

what is the reason to play SP in a server?, any advantages?
Because DCS is "single threaded", the server will run on different cores, hence you will get a performance boost because the server will offload the client.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk