Pulling to the Right on TakeOff Roll Out - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #31
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bephanten View Post
Plane acts completely different in the instant action take off missions. In nevada takeoff, it immediately begins to turn left during rolloff and cant be controlled. In caucaus takeoff i have no difficulty in countering that behavior.
The brakes are not effective in nellis afb.
Try to use manual prop at lowest pitch for Nevada. Set TO rpm with the throttle and go. And do not forget to switch to auto just after takeoff.

Or you can master your right brake tapping.

Last edited by Yo-Yo; 01-14-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #32
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
Try to use manual prop at lowest pitch for Nevada. Set TO rpm with the throttle and go. And do not forget to switch to auto just after takeoff.

Or you can master your right brake tapping.
I think we can't set RPM in bf109
My take off looks like this
Initial ATA about 1.0 full right rudder prop control manual 12 o'clock, flaps 20 degrees
then when plane start accelerating my full right rudder start to overcome prop and plane starts turning to right then i do not change rudder, i add throttle up to 1.4 ATA keeping the pace to not start skiding left then when i run out of throttle i start letting off rudder until take off mean while tail will go up by it self.

Last edited by grafspee; 01-14-2020 at 02:45 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #33
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Initial ATA about 1.0 full right rudder prop control manual 12 o'clock, flaps 20 degrees
then when plane start accelerating my full right rudder start to overcome prop and plane starts turning to right then i do not change rudder, i add throttle up to 1.4 ATA keeping the pace to not start skiding left then when i run out of throttle i start letting off rudder until take off mean while tail will go up by it self.
You can set rpm since manual prop pitch control means wherever you set prop pitch it will behave like a fixed pitch prop, then you set rpm with throttle, Ata means nothing in that scenario. Then when auto pitch is set once airborne you can change again to watch Ata setting.

It's been a while, but BTW I like 11:30 anytime I use manual rpm take off in the 109 (saw that setting in some YT real deal cockpit view), it works like a charm and take offs are really simple.

S!
Old 01-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #34
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
You can set rpm since manual prop pitch control means wherever you set prop pitch it will behave like a fixed pitch prop, then you set rpm with throttle, Ata means nothing in that scenario. Then when auto pitch is set once airborne you can change again to watch Ata setting.

It's been a while, but BTW I like 11:30 anytime I use manual rpm take off in the 109 (saw that setting in some YT real deal cockpit view), it works like a charm and take offs are really simple.

S!
When you are using manual rpm control ATA is only thing that matters engine rpm will depend on throttle position and airspeed, so i don't know what exactly TO rpm is is it while standing or is it rpm while lifting off or rpm in middle of take off run ? In take off run you will see full range of engine rpm during take off.
So if you say take off at 2300 rpm for me it means nothing, if you say take off at 2300rpm at 1.2 ata this is i can understand, As soon engine hit 2300 lift off

Last edited by grafspee; 01-14-2020 at 05:39 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #35
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
When you are using manual rpm control ATA is only thing that matters engine rpm will depend on throttle position and airspeed, so i don't know what exactly TO rpm is is it while standing or is it rpm while lifting off or rpm in middle of take off run ? In take off run you will see full range of engine rpm during take off.
So if you say take off at 2300 rpm for me it means nothing, if you say take off at 2300rpm at 1.2 ata this is i can understand, As soon engine hit 2300 lift off
Well, it is exactly less than the maximum 2500rpm that would burn out the engine, right?

S!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:10 PM   #36
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
You just described the technic I was told by Klaus Plaza..
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:11 AM   #37
Weegie

Very interesting all, didn't realize the thread had come alive again. Got some more experimenting to do..................Now if I could just stop that nasty pull at the end of landing before coming to a stop.

On landing, it's a fantastic module for trying 2 point and 3 point touchdowns. When you 2 point it, jeez does that tail stay flying a long time, seems much longer to me than the Spit. Having so much fun with this bird, it's a real challenge, I wouldn't have liked though to fly it everyday, day in, day out, for real, if the real thing was anything like approaching the behaviour of the sim and I think it probably was judging by its reputation

Thank you all for the continued input
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote