touchscreen monitor display

hawgmech

If what you mean is to use a secondary touchscreen for a cockpit export using tools such as Helios, then a 21'' 1080p is going to work perfectly.

I use a 'Hanns.G HT225HPB' 21.5'' touch screen display via Display Port.

I then just exported my A10C cockpit using Helios and the job's done

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

If what you mean is to use a secondary touchscreen for a cockpit export using tools such as Helios, then a 21'' 1080p is going to work perfectly.

Kid18120,

Thanks for the information. I'll research that one. Again thanks for the information.

I assume that is for non-VR users, right?

I only use VR, and I've been toying with the idea of getting the MPD add-on screens with the OSB buttons so I can reach out and press actual buttons for more realism. Any thoughts as to which are the best for this use? Does TM make these screens? Or are there other brands that are better?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I assume that is for non-VR users, right?

I only use VR, and I've been toying with the idea of getting the MPD add-on screens with the OSB buttons so I can reach out and press actual buttons for more realism. Any thoughts as to which are the best for this use? Does TM make these screens? Or are there other brands that are better?

As a VR user you don't want screens, but I think you meant the Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack.

An even better solution would be PointCTRL: https://pointctrl.com/.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi all,

I am very interested in trying out a touchscreen display to make A10C more realistic interactively. I'm new to touchscreen monitors. Any advice on what the best size and possibly what brand would be the best?

Thanks

Back in the days I had an liyama 27" 1080p touchscreen as my primary display. It worked quite well in DCS. This would be a current model: https://www.amazon.de/T2735MSC-B2-LED-Monitor-Multitouch-kapazitiv-Microfon/dp/B00X7VL05S/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=tcAcr4vqLBCM5vwLZ8yIMg&hsa_cr_id=1235472760302&ref_=sb_s_sparkle_slot

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

As a VR user you don't want screens, but I think you meant the Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack.

An even better solution would be PointCTRL: https://pointctrl.com/.

Yes, I think so. Just the empty square with the buttons around the edges

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Yes, I think so. Just the empty square with the buttons around the edges

Confirmed, you want the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/mfd-cougar-pack

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Additional question about adding the touchscreen as second monitor. I have a GTX 970 FTW. Is the card beefy enough to support both screens and keep decent (I know, subjective) frame rate? I don't use high graphic settings now and wonder if I need to upgrade card before working about adding a second screen...

The impact should be minimal on performance.

I use the Planar 22" screen and it is perfect when I fly the JF-17 and output their 3 large MFCDs. If you're flying the A10 you'll have ample room for the 2 MFDs and any/all instruments you want. You could definitely go even smaller if you just want it for the MFDs.

Additional question about adding the touchscreen as second monitor. I have a GTX 970 FTW. Is the card beefy enough to support both screens and keep decent (I know, subjective) frame rate? I don't use high graphic settings now and wonder if I need to upgrade card before working about adding a second screen...