Mig-21 S-24 Bugs

AcidMind

So friends and I noticed that there are few bugs with S-24 rockets.

If you load S-24 on inner pylons and 2 x R60M on outer pylons, often in Auto mode ASP will not show correct position of pipper. This is not the case if you load 4 x S-24.

Also, there is issue when switching weapons selector to S-24 DCS will often freeze (crash) with no other option but to end task it. (doesnt give option to send report as well...)

So friends and I noticed that there are few bugs with S-24 rockets.

If you load S-24 on inner pylons and 2 x R60M on outer pylons, often in Auto mode ASP will not show correct position of pipper. This is not the case if you load 4 x S-24.

Also, there is issue when switching weapons selector to S-24 DCS will often freeze (crash) with no other option but to end task it. (doesnt give option to send report as well...)

I've had that last issue as well earlier this week, but I haven't been able to perfectly trace it to this.

Switch from "Shooting" to "Bombing" mode on the Gunsight and it won't crash. Do this before you choose any pylons with rockets. Not ideal, but it'll keep you flying for now.

Can i switch back to shooting afterwards?

After you've expended the rockets, yes. Basically, I leave in on "Bombing" mode as long as there are rockets on the aircraft. Before I even start, I switch it over. If you're starting in Air, make it the first thing you do. After you're empty, you can switch back to shooting, although I think the whole Gunsight is bugged and not working properly in A2G mode.

There is.

Manual ASP mode or use fixed net.

One of the great things about the S-24 is that since it has such a high velocity and long range, they'll basically go exactly where you point the pipper so long as you're in a steady wings-level dive.

Here's a good video on shooting them in manual mode: