Awesome AI Improvements!!!

mytai01

I'm usually in the habit of exacting revenge on enemies that shoot my first aircraft down. I go after them in my second plane and usually find they have landed and easy pickings on the ground. Not so this time! They landed and parked, but when I flew near there base, they were rearmed and refueled and scrambled on me!!! Even the enemy bomber took off and tried to run away. Fortunately for them, I became a ground kill for one of the J-11's in a low level dogfight with low cloud cover...This improvement was totally unexpected and I'm thrilled that it happed. Thanks ED!!!

Here's the mission that I made. You'll need the F-16C or just replace it with whatever you want...

F-16C Blk50 Nellis Training.miz

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Are you saying that AI now lands, rearms and take-off again, when there's enemies nearby?

If true, that'd be awesome!! :surprise:

What mission did you test this on? Was it maybe somehow scripted?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just did some testing and mission editing (OB 2.5.6), but I wasn't able to reproduce this

@mytai01; could you share that particular mission you were talking about?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I was quite shocked last night when setting up a mission from the carrier that the AI seem much much better, maybe i missed something but they land and taxi without crashing into each other and it seems they de-spawn if they get too close which is better than exploding. Doing more testing tonight but yea in general they all seem much better

I've included the mission file in my original post...enjoy...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Yes! They land, rearm, refuel, and takeoff if there's a threat detected...I didn't setup radar or Mainstay, so I think you have to get close enough to the base to be detected...

but it has to be specifically set up in the ME and it was very buggy.

looking at the mission, it is exactly that.

perhaps they fixed it?

it makes sense they take off when threat is detected, the enroute task (CAP in this case, which is just the automatically inserted Search and engage) will probably be still active

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580