Is there any way to increase HUD contrast for VR?

laertesson

The HUD is unreadable against the bright sky with the Reverb, I’ve looked EVERYWHERE for contrast or color balance options that work for WMR. Is there any way to make the HUD more readable? I haven’t flown the thing since I got VR despite wanting to.

You can try to remove the gradient effect into the texture file [DCS install directory]\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures\HUD_Elements.tga

There is no alpha channel to tweak so that may be located in some script file. But I don't have enough time to check this.

Anyway it's an old tech HUD, supposed to be barely readable IRL. However I can read it just fine with my rift CV1.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

You can try to remove the gradient effect into the texture file [DCS install directory]\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures\HUD_Elements.tga

There is no alpha channel to tweak so that may be located in some script file. But I don't have enough time to check this.

Anyway it's an old tech HUD, supposed to be barely readable IRL. However I can read it just fine with my rift CV1.

Thanks I’ll give this a shot. Tried alpha channels first since that used to be the solution. It seems to only be a reverb thing, the colors are terribly washed out. It’s fine in 2D or on a different headset like the Oculus or Odyssey.