Clarification HB F-14 and Supercarrier compatibility

lee1hy

1. Is tomcat planning to be compatible with SC?

2. If Not compatible due to system issues? Or is it a law issue

3. F-14 compatibility plan? Period? (ex 6month ~ 1yrs)

4.Is the 3rd party of the US Navy fighters coming out compatible later?

Thanks for great Sim

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

1. Yes, but probably not right away.

2. Prime and 3rd party developers have to communicate and cooperate to integreate SC and the F-14 into overall DCS functionality.

3. See above. Asking for specific dates is pointless, but "by the end of EA" whenever that is.

4. Probably.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

1. Is tomcat planning to be compatible with SC?

2. If Not compatible due to system issues? Or is it a law issue

3. F-14 compatibility plan? Period? (ex 6month ~ 1yrs)

Iron Mike says it will almost surely be compatible on day one.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4182956#post4182956

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The second question is perhaps the more relevant one, since that relates to all kinds of other current and future modules:

What is it, exactly, that makes a module “compatible” or not with the SC? What is this integration that is needed that makes them able to operate on the new carriers (or not) that differentiates from how they operate in relation to all other landing areas in the game? What is the actual complication here?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

What is it, exactly, that makes a module “compatible” or not with the SC? What is this integration that is needed that makes them able to operate on the new carriers (or not) that differentiates from how they operate in relation to all other landing areas in the game? What is the actual complication here?

I don't really know, but can make some guesses based on what we know of the super carrier so far: The catapult launch is modeled in much better detail, including an animated holdback bar, which would need animation tie-ins to the module's landing gear; deck crew animations may interact with aircraft, in which case they may need an implement additional animation points on the aircraft; they may need to add code to allow an aircraft to be taxied by deck crew, or move onto and move with the elevators; animation tie-ins may be needed to allow deck vehicles to push an aircraft around the deck and connect tow bars; there may be something that needs to be added to a module to make it compatible with barricade landings on the carrier; some kind of API tie-in is probably needed for the LSO feedback to work; additional voice lines would need to be recorded for carrier radio comms with new modules.

Just making some guesses, I'm not a programmer.

That was two months ago, with the recent statement from wags a more recent answer would be nice

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

On day one of the final release of the Super Carrier module, not day one of early access.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On day one of the final release of the Super Carrier module, not day one of early access.

LOL come on....

Do you really think Iron Mike was saying he was 99% sure it would be compatible on day one two years from now? LOL

I used to think ED was overly harsh with people but man this forum just loves to come up with problems that just don't exist.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL come on....

Do you really think Iron Mike was saying he was 99% sure it would be compatible on day one two years from now? LOL

I used to think ED was overly harsh with people but man this forum just loves to come up with problems that just don't exist.

Have you not seen Wags comment on Tomcat compatibility with the Super Carrier?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

why would they make another statement to something that hasn't changed?

Because of what Wags said recently...

Integration of DCS: F-14 Tomcat is planned to be delivered with Release State version. However, we will try our best to add some Supercarrier functionality to Early Access version too.

That sounds like an issue to me.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Have you not seen Wags comment on Tomcat compatibility with the Super Carrier?

Wags doesn't work for HB. ED doesn't "deliver" functionality of any HB product. ED delivers the core game and documentation to 3rd party devs like HB and they deliver functionality of their own products.

So buy the module or don't. Looking for rain in a cloudless sky might make you feel all the feels and dramas but it is just silly IMO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wags doesn't work for HB. ED doesn't "deliver" functionality of any HB product. ED delivers the core game and documentation to 3rd party devs like HB and they deliver functionality of their own products.

So buy the module or don't. Looking for rain in a cloudless sky might make you feel all the feels and dramas but it is just silly IMO.

Not true because ED is (logically) doing the integration, which is why Wags can in fact comment on the functionality of Tomcat with their SC module. Moreover, if the Stennis is anything to go by, we may see this integration broken for 3rd party modules in the future.

It's not a question of if the rain comes, but rather how long will it rain? And it's a normal question to ask.

Danger zone!

Not true because ED is (logically) doing the integration, which is why Wags can in fact comment on the functionality of Tomcat with their SC module. Moreover, if the Stennis is anything to go by, we may see this integration broken for 3rd party modules in the future.

It's not a question of if the rain comes, but rather how long will it rain? And it's a normal question to ask.

There has been no official statement that the Caucus map will work with the Supercarrier. All the screenshots are more than 12 hours old. Also there has been no official statement about if the A-10C is going to be able to fly in the same mission when a Supercarrier is used.

How long will ED keep us in the DARK!!!!!!??????!!!!

I realize you have too much time on your hands but come on... lol

Oh and NO ED is not doing the "integration" ED provides the Supercarrier module, and the core game APIs and HB makes their module work with them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone else noticed the Sun can't be seen in any of their night time supercarrier lighting screeenshots and video clips?

Have they broken the Sun? There must be some reason why the Sun is not visible in ANY of their night time lighting promo material. What is ED hiding????

LOL this is what this thread looks like. :)

Edited by RaTzo
Grammar is hard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone else noticed the Sun can't be seen in any of their night time supercarrier lighting screeenshots and video clips?

Have they broken the Sun? There must be some reason why the Sun is not visible in ANY of their night time lighting promo material. What is ED hiding????

:megalol: *this* so much this, the sun must be a *TOP PRIORITY* fix the sun now :music_whistling: (

)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Wow, frankly you're embarrassing yourself with your comments.

We bring up an issue that we wish to have clarification on and you're acting like all we are doing is ragging on Eagle Dynamics. All we want to know is if our toys will work together out of the box or if we should expect major issues that will take possibly a long time to remedy.

In all seriousness.

The Supercarrier and the APIs for the game are not finished - look at ED's to do list. That is why the module is not being delivered this week. The not releasing it during a sale is nonsensical and simply just something to say about why it is late.

HB cannot DEFINITIVELY say when the 14 will be compatible with the Supercarrier because the APIs and the module are not yet in a state where they can start to make it compatible.

You can decide this means the 14 won't work with it or it won't work with it through EA or whatever you want but it is nothing more than this in reality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, frankly you're embarrassing yourself with your comments.

Thanks for your concern but it is unwarranted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually this thread is embarrassing. I don't understand why people create panic. The game producer and the developers are both saying we are working hard to get this done, and people still ask is this going to get done. Makes no sense to me. Wags even mentioned the reason why the Tomcat was in the preview video. They have confidence it will get done. Im only defending common sense here.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm not worried. Everything will be fine.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

I'm not worried. Everything will be fine.

Yes it will, glad you reminded people!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Actually this thread is embarrassing. I don't understand why people create panic. The game producer and the developers are both saying we are working hard to get this done, and people still ask is this going to get done. Makes no sense to me. Wags even mentioned the reason why the Tomcat was in the preview video. They have confidence it will get done. Im only defending common sense here.

This thread is far from embarrassing. Actually a thread like this was what started all this discussion.

I will give you a little timeline and maybe you will understand why this question comes up and is important to some:

The Supercarrier pre-sale was begun with a video featuring both the F/A-18 and F-14. No details about compatibility were given at that time. Alot of people bought the Supercarrier, including a group a people not owning the F/A-18 and with no plans of doing so. I belong to that very group.

Suddenly this thread came up, as you can see by the replies of the first page, no one thought of the Supercarrier beeing not compatible with the Tomcat at that time due to the trailer.

BOOM! Wags drops in with this message. And suddenly nothing was clear anymore. It could well be, that the Carrier will never be compatible at all, or completely be from the beginning.

IronMike from Heatblur gave alot more hope in a different thread. At that point stuff is rather cool again, it looks like the Tomcat will be compatible from the very beginning.

And now with the most recent news the story starts over again. Now we are at "However, we will try our best to add some Supercarrier functionality to Early Access version too" (Wags on the 19th of this month) and even more important: "Integration of DCS: F-14 Tomcat is planned to be delivered with Release State version". so nothing is sure anymore.

This is why people ask rather specific questions, because the only sure thing is, money has been spend on the Supercarrier Module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jonne> how dare you try to make an informed decision about your purchase? You drama queen, you. You certainly are one of those who think that Warthog will not be able to fly around the SC because it's not in the trailer :megalol:

Danger zone!