[NO BUG] COLD START - Can't move throttle.

Throttle has no response

Hay gents

I've tired and tired to get the hornet to throttle up but is not working outside of training at the cold start. R- shift home, also R-alt is not responding. Tried to change configuration but nothing seems to work pass this issue. Any other options to get me pass this point ?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I can start the F18 from a cold start. Virpil HOTAS

Valve Index

AMD Ryzev 7 2700X | X470 AORUS Gaming 7 | Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB NVMe | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 3000 32GB | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 | LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic | Windows 10

P1 Sim Rig | VPC T-50CM2 Grip | VPC T-50CM Base & Throttle | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals V2 w/ Damper | Behringer Amp & Bass Transducers

• 3 months later...

As of january 03 2020 i still cannot start my F18c from cold start only training will allow the shift home and alt home to work i have remapped to different keys and even joystick buttons but they all only move from off to idle when i try a cold start inside of training... anything i should know? i use a x52 so no duel throttle happy to keep them on shift home etc it just wont work is my problem

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

so for the iddle position of the throtlle during the cold start process we have to use:

Home + RShift for right engine.

Home + RAlt for left.

Is there a command to bind for the throttle in the axis command list in game controls?

Key.thumb.jpg.94300bf6009ede17487441eb3c0e165d.jpg

In advance thanks for your help.

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue people are having, but I use a TM:WH and have bound my throttle levers like so in the image attached. This allows me to start the bird by simply pushing my throttles from the off position to idle. Hope this helps.

Untitled.thumb.png.8bb6dd89cf9f9b78b05e6fc4b4c6a427.png

Hello everyone,

so for the iddle position of the throtlle during the cold start process we have to use:

Home + RShift for right engine.

Home + RAlt for left.

Is there a command to bind for the throttle in the axis command list in game controls?

[ATTACH]225991[/ATTACH]

In advance thanks for your help.

In your screenshot you are referring to the axis command list.

But this function requires just a simple switch.

Leave the axis command menu and press Home +Rshift on your keyboard, the list will then jump to the correct key command, where you can bind your own switch to it.

Edited by takamba

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup:

In your screenshot you are referring to the axis command list.

But this function requires just a simple switch.

Leave the axis command menu and press Home +Rshift on your keyboard, the list will then jump to the correct key command, where you can bind your own switch to it.

+1000 Thanks (stupid i am sometimes) :chair:

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

+1000 Thanks (stupid i am sometimes) :chair:

No, you are not stupid. A few throttle commands are axis commands, but most are button commands. It can get particularly confusing when posters don’t specify what throttle they are using. The options/controls page contains all of the bindings that can be assigned to any controllers, but the controllers don’t necessarily use the same bindings. For example. The Warthog (WH) has idle/shutoff detents that are shown as buttons 29 and 30 in the control bindings, but the X56 doesn’t have the detents, so you have to do a workaround. With my WH, I assign the throttle idle/shutoff by selecting that command binding and lifting the throttle, move it over the detent, and drop it back down. Then I lift it again, pull it back to the shutoff position, and drop it back down. You might also be able to assign it by having the throttle in idle, and moving it back to shutoff. I haven’t tried that yet though. Finally, whenever possible, try to use the same bindings for the same functions across all your aircraft. It makes remembering your bindings much easier., and don’t forget that you can create multiple modifiers to increase the number of different functions on each switch or button as long as the modifier key, switch, or button isn’t bound to a command.

I actually use these bindings for my F-86 (left engine button to move the throttle into outboard position, then throttle over detent for idle), and for my F5-E, and probably for other jets that I haven’t used lately. That’s only using the WH controls.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• 3 months later...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue people are having, but I use a TM:WH and have bound my throttle levers like so in the image attached. This allows me to start the bird by simply pushing my throttles from the off position to idle. Hope this helps.

This is the answer! For those using the TM Warthog and following along with Wags excellent cold and dark start tutorial, the item that isn't clear in the training mission is that you must have something bound to the Throttle (Right) -Idle and Throttle (Left) -Idle button commands (keyboard default right shift Home as Matt mentions for the right engine) before the right or left engine thrust axies will work.

If you load a controller config file or mess with your keyboard bindings before trying the training mission and this command is not bound, you won't get anywhere. You must either have the stock controller config file for the F\A-18 to follow Wags tutorial or you have to go back and bind or re-bind these commands for each engine.

On my TM Warthog I bound Engine Crank Switch - Right to JOY_BTN19. Then I bound Throttle (Right) - Idle to the momentary switch JOY_BTN32 (a quick flip forward and you are in business) and the right (Joy_Z) axis will then move the right throttle as you'd expect.

I bound Engine Crank Switch - Left to JOY_BTN18. Then I bound Throttle (Left) - Idle to the momentary switch JOY_BTN31 (a quick flip forward and you are in business) and the left (Joy_RZ) axis will then move the right throttle as you'd expect.

I hope that was clear. To recap, there is no bug, and Wag's tutorial is perfect...unless...you messed with the stock keybindings like I did or you load a keyboard config file for F\A18-C that doesn't have these bindings set as the stock ones.

Edited by Sliceback

On my TM Warthog I bound Engine Crank Switch - Right to JOY_BTN19. Then I bound Throttle (Right) - Idle to the momentary switch JOY_BTN32 (a quick flip forward and you are in business) and the right (Joy_Z) axis will then move the right throttle as you'd expect.

I bound Engine Crank Switch - Left to JOY_BTN18. Then I bound Throttle (Left) - Idle to the momentary switch JOY_BTN31 (a quick flip forward and you are in business) and the left (Joy_RZ) axis will then move the right throttle as you'd expect.

Why not map the buttons that are the idle detent buttons in the TMWH, instead of tying up other switches that could be used for something else?

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I use the idle detent switches for engine shutoff. I guess they could do both, but I need to go back and look at the options in DCS but IIRC they are independent functions. I only posted b/c of the confusion I perceived in that the tutorial is correct and the answers are correct if you never messed with the controller config for that aircraft...but if you did and don't remember or don't know, it's a frustrating situation.

I use the idle detent switches for engine shutoff. I guess they could do both, but I need to go back and look at the options in DCS but IIRC they are independent functions. I only posted b/c of the confusion I perceived in that the tutorial is correct and the answers are correct if you never messed with the controller config for that aircraft...but if you did and don't remember or don't know, it's a frustrating situation.

It is the same thing. Cutoff to idle, or idle to cutoff.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP