Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

It sounds nice for me... but I’d like this mod to be heard by others online as well. Some sort of ad ;) But the sound is a letdown. I will try this mod soon.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Я уже летаю с модом от Nin.Он хорош!

You know you are in the English forum right?

Would make more sens and use.... I dont know, English perhaps?

But I agree! Nin is a hero! :lol::thumbup:

Thank you Nin, this mod is brilliant! Think devs should include it in the game.

Hope you'll figure out how to change that gears sound, it's really loud and annoying.

Thank you dimitry- personally I don't find the gear sound too annoying or loud- although the external view glitch is an issue with all modules (internal sounds play externally too). How would you like the gear sound changed?

The only change I noticed is that the gear locking thump seems to consistently work now, while for the past year or so I only heard it maybe one in every ten flights, or it came through much weaker. I think something was choking the sound channel out, if that makes sense... it seemed more likely to be audible if I went through my usual post-takeoff routine a bit slower.

Sound MOD still working - So far

After installing the latest May 20 DCS Open Beta update, I later copied the two Sound Rework V2.0 folders "mods" and "coremods" into the DCS World OpenBeta root. Sounds working and no issues with the module so far. :thumbup:

Looks like the latest update on May 20 has some new restrictions on CORE MODS file changes - If you Like to make MODs, you may need to work with DCS to have them open up the SaveGames folder options a little more to avoid future potential pain.

Check out this Thread - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274099

Cheers JJF>

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Adding confirmation of MOD still working
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I thought Magnitude 3 would integrate this into their module, did they change their mind?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Fixes arent released mistakenly. Only bugs :)

We've released some fixes and submitted more that should come in following updates.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Fixes arent released mistakenly. Only bugs :)

We've released some fixes and submitted more that should come in following updates.

Haha my bad. Btw Hiromachi can you tell which updates are coming except those mentioned in newsletter??

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Not really. The ones mentioned in newsletter were actual for the date it was posted. Anything post that is subsequently submitted or will be and I dont have insight into that until changelog will be composed.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I was using JSGME to manage this mods (among others) and putting stuff in my main installation rather saved games, which as of last patch is not possible anymore.

How should the mod be installed now? Just copy and paste the files into the main install without a care?

The latest coremods restrictions apply to some modules, but MiG-21 still isn't amongst them. For the time being, you can inject it into the main game folder (using JSGME or OvGME) as before.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

OK, the answer was no clear (there was no answer actually) but so I understand that this sound fix will remain as a separate mod we'll have to apply after every update, and not be integrated. I thought M3 would take it, weird.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

I like the mod, however I am not really sure if the afterburner should be that loud internally. It is clear from the operating manuals that engagement of the afterburner was mainly checked by increased temperatures, kick during take-off and of course indication on the panel, because it really was not that audible. From my own experience in pressurized cockpit during an engine groundt test, the engine sound was really muffled (RD-33) even without ear plugs. Just food for thought ...

• 2 weeks later...
I like the mod, however I am not really sure if the afterburner should be that loud internally. It is clear from the operating manuals that engagement of the afterburner was mainly checked by increased temperatures, kick during take-off and of course indication on the panel, because it really was not that audible. From my own experience in pressurized cockpit during an engine groundt test, the engine sound was really muffled (RD-33) even without ear plugs. Just food for thought ...

Thank you for the feedback :) I did make the internal afterburner quite a bit quieter than stock already, and am hoping to try and get a kick type sound added but that's something on the developers end. Things have been slow recently, am hoping to work on improved internal switch and canopy sounds in version 3.

Thank you for the feedback :) I did make the internal afterburner quite a bit quieter than stock already, and am hoping to try and get a kick type sound added but that's something on the developers end. Things have been slow recently, am hoping to work on improved internal switch and canopy sounds in version 3.

Thank you for your work and contribution. I am looking forward to the next version :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Just found this great work! Hopefully your sounds get integrated into the module and credited to you at some stage.

I've been asking in this forum for months, maybe years, for some audio feedback for AOA, buffeting, airframe creaking, cockpit shake, audible vortex or turbulent flow over wings. Riding the AOA limit is so important in this module and we don't have the other feedback a real pilot would have from all his senses. I wonder if some seasoned Mig 21 pilots could smell the AOA limits approaching? lol

As you some of the other modules have great audio feedback for AOA. There is no doubt when you are pushing the AOA limit.

Thanks you for your efforts.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed this yesterday, the new sound effects are phenomenal! Thank you Nin for your excellent work, hope it's going to get included in the vanilla module.

Here's a video from a quick test I did yesterday:

• Like 1

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Just found this great work! Hopefully your sounds get integrated into the module and credited to you at some stage.

I've been asking in this forum for months, maybe years, for some audio feedback for AOA, buffeting, airframe creaking, cockpit shake, audible vortex or turbulent flow over wings. Riding the AOA limit is so important in this module and we don't have the other feedback a real pilot would have from all his senses. I wonder if some seasoned Mig 21 pilots could smell the AOA limits approaching? lol

As you some of the other modules have great audio feedback for AOA. There is no doubt when you are pushing the AOA limit.

Thanks you for your efforts.

Thank you, I am glad you like the mod. Unfortunately only the devs can add extra sounds such as airframe creaking to the module.

Installed this yesterday, the new sound effects are phenomenal! Thank you Nin for your excellent work, hope it's going to get included in the vanilla module.

Here's a video from a quick test I did yesterday:

Thank you, I am glad you like the mod. I am currently working on version 3 which makes it behave like a separate module, and uses the saved games structure. This means it doesn't require re-installation if the Mig21 is updated. Also will have new cockpit and engine flameout sounds.