Light on refueling probe doesn't illuminate the basket

Paco

The light on the refueling probe does not illuminate the basket during night refueling. I look on the external view and see the peanut light is on but it doesn't illuminate the basket. Seem to remember is used to. And yes, I'm probably the only dork who tanks at night.

Paco

It worked for me the other day, but it was excessively bright and caused pixelated artifacts on the S-3 basket.

Same Here, Open Beta 2.5.6.49798

Screen-200530-153918.png

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Odd. I was tanking off the KC-135 and it was completely dark. I did verify by external view that the lights were on including the peanut light, but it didn't light up the tanker. I'm on the road. Will posts pics later.

Paco

Open Beta. You might have left your master lights pinky switch off, or inadvertently bumped it before refueling.

Nope, my lights were on. I'll replay the mission and post pics. On the F2 view, I could see the peanut light on, but it doesn't illuminate the basket. More accurately.........the graphics representation of the light being on does not produce a picture that represents an illuminated basket.

Paco

Same issue. All lights turned on, light appears on from outside, but it does not illuminate the tanker. I'm forced to refuel on goggles, which would be fine if the tanker's red wingtip light wasn't flaring my NVG directly in front of me through the whole process!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

The issue with the S3 is that the baskets normals are inverted meaning it screws up with light sources hitting it.. reported it ages ago still hasn't been fixed.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

It'll probably get fixed when the S-3's model gets updated.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.