DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

terminator363

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Friday is here: Viggen Time :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

All the (to me) important game engine parts of the 2016 plan are missing from your list: ATC, FLIR, dynamic weather and last but not least: dedicated server. Let the third parties work on new modules but ED should work on the DCS World engine as hard as possible.

I would like to +rep you on this one.

Granted, I like new modules as much as anyone here, but the simulation environment lacks so many things (those you are mentioned are on my list as well) that I really want to see some change there eventually. Sadly many things are happening only behind closed curtains or nothing at all (can't tell which but I give ED the benefit of doubt).

I really hope we see something about those in today's news or maybe in the next few weeks.

EDIT@NeilWillis: Me too! Maybe we will see the 2.5 soon (this year), that would be very exciting!

Edited by Aginor

I suspect that the question of which to develop, and which to set aside is a moot one because there are different teams working on different aspects of development.

I guess one key factor is maintaining a revenue stream - so paid for modules have to keep making regular appearances to support all the staff working on fixes and upgrades to existing code.

I suspect that a lot of features and issues will be worked into the 2.5 code, and may bypass 1.5.

I'd hope to see 2.5 quite early this year, certainly Q1 or early Q2.

I suspect that the question of which to develop, and which to set aside is a moot one because there are different teams working on different aspects of development.

Hope the engine development team can show us more in 2017 then. But my guess is this team is working on the Battlefield project more than on DCS.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

changelog arrived.

su 27 toe brakes and seperate pedal axis? great!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

changelog arrived.

su 27 toe brakes and seperate pedal axis? great!

That's unexpected and thus very welcomed. Cannot wait to try that! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Have the http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ page autorefreshing every 10 Seconds. That way my F5 Button doesn't get stressed too much :D

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

newsletter arrived.

hype train for big update newsletter, moves to further friday stops

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

waiting for secreenshots of new mig-29s from beta users :)

Youtube