DCS World Pearl Harbor! - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 02:40 AM   #21
Hawkeye60

Reputation power: 9
Hawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really nice

Quote:
Which lua file should this be put into and where do I find it?
For example,
You wish to fly the P51D off the island.

You need to locate the P51D aircraft lua file and edit it.

MAKE BACK - UPS BEFORE ANY EDITS ARE DONE!
If you do screw the pooch you can always repair DCS.

ONLY use notepad++ for editing.

Insert the code into the lua file being careful to not insert it inside any other section.

The P51D Lua can be found in.

dcsworld/Scripts/Database/planes

Insert like so, starting with line one,
-----------------------------------------------

Code:
return plane( "P-51D", _("P-51D"),
    {
        EmptyWeight = 3549,
        MaxFuelWeight = 732, 
        MaxHeight = 13000, 
        MaxSpeed = 750, 
        MaxTakeOffWeight = 4800,
        Picture = "P-51D.png", --!!!!
        Rate = 20, 
        Shape = "P-51D",
        WingSpan = 9.12,
        WorldID = 63,
        defFuelRatio = 0.68, -- топливо по умолчанию в долях от полного

attribute = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, P_51D,
        "Battleplanes",
        },

panelRadio = {
            [1] = {  
                name = _("SCR522"),
                range = {min = 100, max = 156},
                channels = {
                    [1] = { name = _("ButtonA"), default = 105, modulation = _("AM"), connect = true},
                    [2] = { name = _("ButtonB"), default = 124, modulation = _("AM")},
                    [3] = { name = _("ButtonC"), default = 131, modulation = _("AM")},
                    [4] = { name = _("ButtonD"), default = 139, modulation = _("AM")},
                }
            },
        },

LandRWCategories =          {             [1] =              {                 Name = "AircraftCarrier",             }, -- end of [1]         }, -- end of LandRWCategories                  TakeOffRWCategories =          {             [1] =              {                 Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",             }, -- end of [1]             [2] =              {                 Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",             }, -- end of [2]         }, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(code does not display in a very friendly manner above!)

Remember, every update or repair will change this back to stock.

Hope this helps.
"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."
Hawkeye60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #22
Hawkeye60

Hawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really niceHawkeye60 is just really nice
Smile Pearl Harbor Theme

This theme is created and bought to you by Eric and Patrick Cuesta.

Thank you Guys!

Wonderful job!

To install, copy the contents of the PearlHarbor folder below into your PearlHarbor folder.

Allow overwrite.

Select at the main screen.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pm57kg7pe...Theme.zip?dl=0
"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."
Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #23
352ndDeacon

Reputation power: 5
352ndDeacon is on a distinguished road

This MOD works perfectly!!!!!!! Thanks so much for making it. We now have additional scenarios that can be created around the actual Pearl Harbor attack.
Just follow Hawkeye's instructions and it works perfectly.
I just hope enough of virtual pilots d/l this and post about it so that Hawkeye's group will continue to add to it.
I just made a mission in 2.2 and it works fine with Pearl Harbor in case anyone was wondering.
352ndDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:51 AM   #24
too-cool

Reputation power: 8
too-cool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye60 View Post
Pearl Release post updated with a better explanation on the usage in the ME.
A additional screenshot was added.
We hope this is helpful.

Have fun!
How can this be added to save game so it won't be changed on every update? TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus R 5 E 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 980 gpu/4gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #25
Hawkeye60

Quote:
How can this be added to save game so it won't be changed on every update? TC
This mod is installed in the saved games folder and will not be affected by DCS updates.

It uses no core DCS files.

No worries!

Hope this helps.

PS:
We have WW II Ship additions incoming soon!

Stay tuned.......
Old 12-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #26
too-cool

Reputation power: 8
too-cool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye60 View Post
This mod is installed in the saved games folder and will not be affected by DCS updates.

It uses no core DCS files.

No worries!

Hope this helps.

PS:
We have WW II Ship additions incoming soon!

Stay tuned.......
Sorry, what I meant to ask was if the change to the .lua for allowing the P-51 to spawn on Pearl can be placed in the saved games to prevent the necessity to re-modify every time the game is updated. Thanks Tc
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus R 5 E 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 980 gpu/4gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #27
Hawkeye60

Quote:
Sorry, what I meant to ask was if the change to the .lua for allowing the P-51 to spawn on Pearl can be placed in the saved games to prevent the necessity to re-modify every time the game is updated. Thanks Tc
No problem,

The answer is no.
You need to create a mod structure with GvGME that will install the changes in the correct DCS folders.

You would do this the exact same way that it USED to be done.
Using the correct folder structure of course.

What I mean here is mods used to be installed in the main DCS/mods/tech or DCS/mods/aircraft folders.
The DCS main folder is where you need GvGME to place the files.

They will not work in the saved games folders.

Hope this helps

Hawkeye