Real Yak-52 Video: Start Up, Take Off, Aerobatics & Landing

Alpenwolf

Excellent video with lots of valuable info.

Interesting to see how the attitude is controlled when deploying the flaps before landing.

Thanks for sharing!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Since the approach was rather steep, not much power is needed. Same goes for the DCS version.

Just to make sure, 60-70% is not 'power' it's only RPM and it doesn't say much about the actual power setting.

Talking about power settings I noticed a few significant differences between the DCS and the real Yak-52.

1. IRL the MV-16K gauge IRL has it's minimum at the 16 mark, while in the DCS version the minimum indication is at 3. (In DCS you can add a considerable amount of power without the gauge showing any movement).

2. At 160km/h at idle RPM IRL is less than 45% while in the DCS Yak it's just a tad lower than 60%. (this might noticeable influence drag)

3. Increasing power to 400mmHg at 160km/h increases prop RPM to only 70-75% IRL, while in the DCS version we get 90%

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

As far as I know, ED has a real Yak-52 pilot testing stuff for 'em. Let's just give 'em some time to get the best out of it.

Me personally, I depend on this video among others to judge how accurate the module will be. So far pretty damn good!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com