[REPORTED] parking area light tower not affecting ACs

the new airport flood lighting is a great addition to caucassus,

however it does not affect aircrafts within the light cone. both exterior and interior stay unaffected from the light, which look very, very glitchy.

this is on new caucassus and NTTR (i'm new to NTTR, so i don't know if it worked there before PBR).

i really hope, that it can get fixed soon, since deferred shading should (afaik) enable multiple "true" lightsources without performance impact.

if this can not be done in the near future, it would be better to just disable the light towers until they are implemented properly.

Edited by twistking

that's a shame.

is this an acknowledged problem and can we expect some improvment on that?

i know that night lighting in general is being looked at, but i did not see any mentioning of this problem, although i think it is a huge immersion breaker. when parked under such a light, it does not look only bad, but glitchy and completely broken.

i thought the whole idea behind deferred shading is to have less performance impact with dynamic light sources.

for testing i dropped a whole bunch of suu-25 illumination flares and they seem to affect the aircrafts just fine and without any noticable decrease in fps...

This also applies to aircrafts. Screenshot taken in 2.5.1

screen_180426_141745.png

(taken from the beta 2.5.1 branch discussions, so it's still not fixed)

todays newsletter with info on the night lighting overhaul did not mention this being worked on either.

any official word on that issue? i can't imagine that this is supposed to stay like that...

Edited by twistking

• 2 months later...
Yup, its still an issue, we know.

ok, i was just worried, that this could have been forgotten (specifically for nttr), because it has been fixed already on caucassus, if i'm not mistaken.

keep up the good work! :thumbup:

• ED Team

I dont think its been fixed anywhere, its a performance thing I believe, all the lights are linked, so turning them on there would effect the entire map, and well, melt all our computers, so I hope they can come up with a different solution. But we will see.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

oh, my bad. i missinterpreted a screenshot from which it seemed, as if the light would render properly in caucasus.

by the way: lighting having an effect on a model should be pretty minimal on performance. normally it's the shadowing that's hard hitting.

also i thought the whole motivation behind deferred shading was to have bigger amount of dynamic lights in the scene...

The primary advantage of deferred shading is the decoupling of scene geometry from lighting. Only one geometry pass is required, and each light is only computed for those pixels that it actually affects. This gives the ability to render many lights in a scene without a significant performance-hit.

... but maybe let's not derail this with technical discussions and better wait and pray for the next update!