What are the details around these new data cartridges in the beta update?

metzgerov

I can't seem to get my head around this. This was my flow:

I connect ground power and put in the cartridge. I then open my kneeboard, page to the custom cartridges, and a mission pops up to kill a Shilka. Okay, I load the cartridge with 9099. What now? How do I know where my target is? How do I know which waypoint?

This was on the Hoggit GaW server, which does include preloaded waypoints for the bases and farps that need to be attacked, and I was sure it was using those, instead of the custom cartridge... Or was it, I don't know how I can be sure.

I can't seem to get my head around this. This was my flow:

I connect ground power and put in the cartridge. I then open my kneeboard, page to the custom cartridges, and a mission pops up to kill a Shilka. Okay, I load the cartridge with 9099. What now? How do I know where my target is? How do I know which waypoint?

This was on the Hoggit GaW server, which does include preloaded waypoints for the bases and farps that need to be attacked, and I was sure it was using those, instead of the custom cartridge... Or was it, I don't know how I can be sure.

JMHO but I'm thinking if the Server Host has input waypoints... there will be problems. I just verified NEW manually inputting waypoints does still work (as in for RB-15) although they do NOT match the kneeboard datacard or waypoint references at all. However, as soon as I hit T1 to fix the target area, it turns off the radar screen. Hit T0 and it comes back on with no new area marked. And I'm still trying to figure out how to clear the data I inputted from yesterday. It's stuck in there somewhere because I recognized a Target Waypoint as B2, which was either a total typo on my part, or the system jacked it up. Thing is, it shouldn't be there (kneeboard data card) at all because it happened yesterday and won't go away (I've never set B2 as a target waypoint... at leas on purpose). Weird stuff going on here.

Edited by Mikkall

JMHO but I'm thinking if the Server Host has input waypoints... there will be problems. I just verified NEW manually inputting waypoints does still work (as in for RB-15) although they do NOT match the kneeboard datacard or waypoint references at all. However, as soon as I hit T1 to fix the target area, it turns off the radar screen. Hit T0 and it comes back on with no new area marked. And I'm still trying to figure out how to clear the data I inputted from yesterday. It's stuck in there somewhere because I recognized a Target Waypoint as B2, which was either a total typo on my part, or the system jacked it up. Thing is, it shouldn't be there (kneeboard data card) at all because it happened yesterday and won't go away (I've never set B2 as a target waypoint... at leas on purpose). Weird stuff going on here.

That's unfortunate. I would for this to be what I think they're intending it to be; a quick way to get airborne and shack something. On most of the PVP servers, there's no info on the map to develop a sufficient plan. This would be such a quality of life change when flying the Viggen.

I’ll have to write better instructions (and hopefully improve the UI) but meanwhile just note that you won’t see the flight plan in the kneeboard. If you want to verify you have loaded the correct data cartridge you’ll need to do a pilots check which I believe is described in the manual. If it isn’t one way is setting REF/LOLA and UT then pressing each waypoint button (B1-B5) and verify the coordinates.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.