FC3 Bug thread

The missile is commanded to do this via M-link. Now there's an issue of shared DL channels which shouldn't be happening, but I doubt that will be changed as this point. The missile is functioning as it should in this case.

After first Aim-120C misses if F-15C pilot fires another missile or locks the target again, the first missile starts to track the locked target beyond the gimbals limit.

And that is exactly what they do.

Also, Aim-120C when ballistic should only lock target within its FOV and gimbals limit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Update:

FC2/FC3 mission incompatibilty resolved. Expect fix in next patch/update.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Further update to #15:

As per RL, R27ER has no loft trajectory.

Working as intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like you already have the F-15 Attitude Indicator bug reported, so I'll just add one more.

The interior lighting texture in the Su-27 is offset from the normal cockpit texture. You can see the text doesn't match up in a number of places.

Screen_121110_191323-1.jpg

The interior lighting texture in the Su-27 is offset from the normal cockpit texture. You can see the text doesn't match up in a number of places.

#43.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another one, why is the SU-33 stripped overtime from the majority of its armament?

In FC2 already from Anti-Ship missiles like KH-31

Now, in DCS World, the R-27EM has been removed as well.

Are we getting it back? And if not why has it been removed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

The Kh-41. Neither of those missiles were ever produced for use by the Su-33.

What happened was that Jane's at some point reported a certain upgrade (which included the Kh-41) for the Su-33 that was not funded, as an operational upgrade. This is what used to be modeled to some extent.

Turns out the Kh-41 was never produces, and the EM was cancelled as well. The EM was a seeker and fuze variant for the R-27E body which allowed better operation over sea clutter and interception of small targets in sea clutter (read: Harpoon missiles and anti-sub aircraft). Other than that, it works just like an ER for all intents and purposes.

Much more recently a Su-33 upgrade was finally funded, but AFAIK it isn't well known what was done ... no 41's or EM's though.

In FC2 already from Anti-Ship missiles like KH-31

Now, in DCS World, the R-27EM has been removed as well.

Are we getting it back? And if not why has it been removed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It really should not have been. Same missile body.

Ok, but i thought to know that in FC2 the EM was a bit quicker and longer range then the ER???

It would have been better over sea, and there is no telling if it would have been better or worse over land. The type was cancelled and never produced for operations.

And better resistance to clutter at low levels could be useful still, be it against fighters or incoming missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The missile is commanded to do this via M-link. Now there's an issue of shared DL channels which shouldn't be happening, but I doubt that will be changed as this point. The missile is functioning as it should in this case.

And that is exactly what they do.

Ok here is what happens. F-15 fires at me and when I get the missile lock tone I try to dodge it going almost perpendicular to its path at one point the missile misses me and I stop getting the tone. As I too have fired a missile F-15 tries to dodge my missile too but and give have give up tracking my plane. After it dodges my missile turns and locks me back and fires A-120C at this point if the first missile starts to track me even if I'm out of its gimbals limit.

This should not happen as the missile is ballistic and is not getting any data from F-15's RADAR. Now the missile has stopped tracking and it antenna comes to its normal position at this point the missile can track a plane if and only if a plane comes within its FOV and not the gimbals limit because the missile is designed to track the target assigned to it and not search for another target if it loses the track of assigned target.

Ok here is what happens. F-15 fires at me and when I get the missile lock tone I try to dodge it going almost perpendicular to its path at one point the missile misses me and I stop getting the tone. As I too have fired a missile F-15 tries to dodge my missile too but and give have give up tracking my plane. After it dodges my missile turns and locks me back and fires A-120C at this point if the first missile starts to track me even if I'm out of its gimbals limit.

It resumes the M-Link, so the missile steers at you.

This should not happen as the missile is ballistic and is not getting any data from F-15's RADAR.
It should be doing a lot better than going ballistic (ie. racing to last known activation point or, scanning a reasonable re-acquisition pattern), though that isn't modeled in-game for the moment.

Now the missile has stopped tracking and it antenna comes to its normal position
No, its antenna starts a search pattern.

at this point the missile can track a plane if and only if a plane comes within its FOV and not the gimbals limit because the missile is designed to track the target assigned to it and not search for another target if it loses the track of assigned target.
How can it tell? It will initiate a search and lock-on to the first thing it finds. That works as intended. If it was equipped with better algorithms for dealing with notching targets, you'd have a lot more trouble notching it. This is not the case in-game, missiles operate on a very simple schedule:

Fly on MCU to TTA

If MCU interrupted, cease maneuvering (no INS) and commence scanning for targets within the gimbals.

If a target is acquired after TTA or during a search, go to terminal homing (initiates PN homing).

If target is lost, cease maneuvering and initiate search.

Should the missile be launched without lock altogether (ie. maddog), it will only scan a small cone along its boresight.

There might be a bit more details, I don't recall them all.

If you can show that it is doing something really strange like actually acquiring you outside of gimbals without the aid of an M-Link, that's definitely a bug. But if the M-Link is involved of you're sitting inside the missile's gimbal limits, you're fair game for re-acquisition.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It resumes the M-Link, so the missile steers at you.

It should be doing a lot better than going ballistic (ie. racing to last known activation point or, scanning a reasonable re-acquisition pattern), though that isn't modeled in-game for the moment.

No, its antenna starts a search pattern.

How can it tell? It will initiate a search and lock-on to the first thing it finds. That works as intended. If it was equipped with better algorithms for dealing with notching targets, you'd have a lot more trouble notching it. This is not the case in-game, missiles operate on a very simple schedule:

Fly on MCU to TTA

If MCU interrupted, cease maneuvering (no INS) and commence scanning for targets within the gimbals.

If a target is acquired after TTA or during a search, go to terminal homing (initiates PN homing).

If target is lost, cease maneuvering and initiate search.

Should the missile be launched without lock altogether (ie. maddog), it will only scan a small cone along its boresight.

There might be a bit more details, I don't recall them all.

If you can show that it is doing something really strange like actually acquiring you outside of gimbals without the aid of an M-Link, that's definitely a bug. But if the M-Link is involved of you're sitting inside the missile's gimbal limits, you're fair game for re-acquisition.

Ok accepted what you are saying but how can it do even out of its gimbal limits? Check the tacview file.

Tacview-20121110-132811.txt.rar

Edited by combatace

Su-27 can keep its turning fight with F-15 even after one engine is on fire and hydraulics blown out. Definitely a bug.

I love Su-27 but I don't think it can do that.

#14.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I looked at the tacview, but you never leave the gimbal limits of either missile while they are tracking you - the AIM-120 gimbal limit is 55 or 60 deg, I forget which.

Ok accepted what you are saying but how can it do even out of its gimbal limits? Check the tacview file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

#14.

No this one is different. When I mentioned about the bug that you noted in #14 it was a just graphical, i.e. afterburner were on as well as flames were coming out of the engine as engine tacometers were showing full RPM and after burner lights were on but engines were actually giving no thrust, so just graphical issue.

What I experienced now is that even after left engine fire alarm was raised after burner was on (graphical problem). When I reduced by engine speed to maneuver after left burner went off at the same time left engine taco came to idle (did not show zero as it should because engine was on fire) then again I was able to maneuver with F-15 and at some point came to gunning it down and that too with just right engine on full after burner. I was able to perform loops, split-S and almost every dog fight maneuver. And remember my hydraulics were even not work which I did feel that were not working, so hydraulics being blown out has been modeled.

I looked at the tacview, but you never leave the gimbal limits of either missile while they are tracking you - the AIM-120 gimbal limit is 55 or 60 deg, I forget which.

Are you sure? because it seems like first one stopped tracking me and I was out of its gimbals limit but only started re-tracking me after F-15 again locked me.

Edited by combatace

What I experienced now is that even after left engine fire alarm was raised after burner was on (graphical problem). When I reduced by engine speed to maneuver after left burner went off at the same time left engine taco came to idle (did not show zero as it should because engine was on fire) then again I was able to maneuver with F-15 and at some point came to gunning it down and that too with just right engine on full after burner. I was able to perform loops, split-S and almost every dog fight maneuver. And remember my hydraulics were even not work which I did feel that were not working, so hydraulics being blown out has been modeled.

Track?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

List update:

1 - F15 Gear up = black textures

2 - Mig29S external fuel tanks not displayed on fuel tape # Feature and working as intended - *Under Revision* *Resolved*

3 - F15 ADI switched

4 - F15 Virtual head movement excessive

5 - Russian planes Cannot lock contact in TWS

6 - AK arrestor cables not animated # Fixed in latest revisions.

7 - SU33 loadout indicators reversed in cockpit

8 - Refuelling F15/SU33 buggy

9 - F15 VSD text overlap when STT/Guns

10 - F15 external lights absent in flight

11 - Damage modelling to wheels/landing gear absent

12 - F15 HUD unreadable

13 - Russian planes Nav circle misalignment in ENR/RTN modes

14 - Engines/Afterburner on even though engines on fire.

15 - R27ER no loft trajectory *No Bug - As Intended*

16 - Mig31 nosewheel not grounded

17 - Canopy jettison animation wrong

18 - EOS scanning not functional in elevation

19 - SU-27 cockpit textures include English labels. Not consistent translation. Examples: MSL and GUN on the weapons panel

20 - SU27 entire RWR is in English

21 - SU-27 native HUD "ИЗЛ" symbol overlaps over distance scale in BVR mode with Radar on

22 - F15 HUD indications overlapping

23 - Su-25, Su-25T and Mig-29 Caution, Warning and Trim lights are in english instead of russian letters

24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode.

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked

26 - SU33 Green HUD block at night effect

27 - A10 ADI switched

28 - F15 black cockpit pixelation when facing northerly direction (afternoon)

29 - MIG29 Command Airspeed in LDG mode way below minimum

30 - SU27 Command Airspeed in LDG mode slightly below minimum

31 - Graphical glith (hash marks) in lower centre of SU27 HUD when zoomed out

32 - Graphical glith (hash marks) in lower centre of SU33 HUD when zoomed out

33 - F15 no drag increase with external fuel tanks

34 - Flyables smoke pod colours are incorrectly designated

35 - Scripting for cobra not present

36 - AIM-120C tracks target beyond gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

38 - SU27 automated leading edge flaps on flanker are shown in pit instruments as regular flaps

39 - SU27 when leading edge flaps are operational audio is heard for normal flaps

40 - FC2/FC3 mission incompatibility *Resolved*

41 - F-15C CTD initiated by changing the weapons (CTD when the player lock in the NAV mode a target with the radar and change the weapons)

42 - SU33 floating on pitching AK deck

43 - SU27/33 weapon panel characters misalignment if the cockpit illumination is on

44 - G940 HOTAS FFB issues/not functioning correctly

45 - F15 unable to adjust altimeter pressure setting at all.

46 - F-15C antenna does not track PTD in elevation with TWS

47 - Air to Air missiles do not have INS

48 - ECM uses FC2 behaviour in DCS world

49 - Missiles expend too much speed when turning

50 - Short range missiles do not turn hard enough

51 - Virtual Pilot G-Tolerance is too low

52 - Helicopters are exhibiting stealth characteristics

53 - SU25A Airbrake Pylons keep defaulting to the Russian SU-25 1st skin and the bort numbers become an outline in external view when zoomed out.

54 - SU33/27, Mig29 RWR does not indicate A.I. missile launch

55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

56 - Russian plane pilots have corrupted Pilot head textures at night

57 - Russian planes have corrupted landing light animations - MiG-29A,G/S and Su-27/33 have incorrect landing light animations

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't have the track but I have tacview will that be ok?

One more thing look at the fuel gauge of Su-27 does show different reading on both the scales as opposed to same reading in FC3.

fuelguage.jpg

Edited by combatace