How to use Prepare Mission in the mission editor?

Aluminum Donkey

Greetings everyone,

Question is as per title.

I'm cobbling together a Su-27 Furball/Fighter Sweep type of mission, and I'm starting on the runway.

I want to have my cockpit lights, Nav lights and landing gear lights all on when I start. But, I don't know how to save it all.

I start Prepare Mission in the ME, and when I set everything up and exit, then save the mission, it doesn't do squat when I restart the mission!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

"Prepare mission" was originally implemented for the Shark, where you could input waypoints etc. into the ABRIS then save what you'd done. AFAIK it was never meant to save the complete state of an aircraft and initialize it before starting a mission.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

"Prepare mission" was originally implemented for the Shark, where you could input waypoints etc. into the ABRIS then save what you'd done. AFAIK it was never meant to save the complete state of an aircraft and initialize it before starting a mission.

Gotcha, so I guess it's almost useless then :)

Thanks anyway. I was hoping there was a way to set things up the way I wanted so it would be like that whenever I started a mission, but I guess not.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Gotcha, so I guess it's almost useless then :)

Thanks anyway. I was hoping there was a way to set things up the way I wanted so it would be like that whenever I started a mission, but I guess not.

AD

It does work, and there is.

I've not played with the feature for a while though, so it may be only available on the ASM modules (Su-27 is not ASM), or just on certain modules.

How it works in the background is that it saves an extra .json file (or .lua) inside the .miz file, which contains various state information, mostly on switches.

For the modules that support it, it's entirely possible to go in by hand and add entries to it (you can figure out the keys and state by looking at the modules input.lua's and a couple of other files) if you want certain states.

It does work, and there is.

For the modules that support it, it's entirely possible to go in by hand and add entries to it (you can figure out the keys and state by looking at the modules input.lua's and a couple of other files) if you want certain states.

Thanks, but how do I save it? I've just been pressing Esc and quitting, and then saving the mission when I'm back in the mission editor. When I re-load the mission from the editor, it has had no effect.

Do I have to load it from the Mission option in the main menu for it to work?

AD

Kit: