No sound in SEAD missions

franx

Fellas, I'm getting standard engine and world sounds in my AV8B SEAD missions but no radar or missile growling at all, nor any lock on sound. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

That's not it. ;( RWR is working fine, but my Sidearm simply won't growl or lock on or fire. I seem to be following every step properly. Not sure what's going on.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

That's not it. ;( RWR is working fine,

Right Console. Not the RWR panel. The ACNIP Panel. There's a double encoder there labeled GND and AUX. The outer knob is for the Betty and Growler. Turn them both all the way up.

Were you getting lock on symbology in the HUD?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Thanks SGT! Yes, I'm getting locks and kills, and I've turned up both of the knobs you mention. I get tone about 25-50 percent of the time. It's very erratic. This is either a bug or a problem with my specific install.

Thanks SGT! Yes, I'm getting locks and kills, and I've turned up both of the knobs you mention. I get tone about 25-50 percent of the time. It's very erratic. This is either a bug or a problem with my specific install.

Sometimes you have to fiddle with the volume knob to get back sound. I’m sure it’s a bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 2400, Vega64 @1080p

I've found, you need to put up the volume after you have taken off, else you won't hear anything

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I don't know about the latest patch, but if you use radio communication to talk to your wingmen, this kills the audio tone for the sidewinder and sidearm. This is a reproducible bug that I could replicate over and over again so I know what was causing it on my end. Telling my wingmen to attack anything would kill the tones for the rest of the mission.

I’m not using the radio at all. This is software related. I also turn up the volume knob. It makes no difference. Still no tone.

Edited by franx

Uploaded example

Here's a track from the supplied SEAD mission. I turn up the AUX button. No growl, no tone. The same happens from a runway start; and the same happens in air to air using my sidewinders. The problem isn't (in this case) my forgetfulness about the AUX button. Any suggestions much appreciated.

SEADfranx.trk