Should the engine want to quit when inverted / negative Gs ?

Anatoli-Kagari9

Don't know with regard of the exact variant of M63 engine modelled, but I think it should be fine as it is modelled.

Inverted flight indeed, starve the engine so there is no power output, but doesn't kill it, keeps running like iddling but still running. So not a full negative G carburator but it features some sort of system to prevent engine stop.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I wonder if this is correctly modelled ?

Isn't it in the Series 24, equipped with carburettors with a configuration which was meant to avoid flooding / starvation ?

Like above if they modeled it its probably accurate.

anyway all ww2 warbirds will have fuel problems in neutral or negative gs situations but instant engine reaction to neutral or positive g is expected for early ww2 planes with some exeptions

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...
Like above if they modeled it its probably accurate.

anyway all ww2 warbirds will have fuel problems in neutral or negative gs situations but instant engine reaction to neutral or positive g is expected for early ww2 planes with some exeptions

All piston powered aircraft with a carburetor. Hurri 1, Spit 1, bunch of others. When fuel injection became the norm that went away and you could invert to your heart's content or the engine ran out of oil and seized up, whichever happened first.

I suppose you could seize engines to your hearts content, but that's a dangerous hobby.

• 2 months later...
All piston powered aircraft with a carburetor. Hurri 1, Spit 1, bunch of others. When fuel injection became the norm that went away and you could invert to your heart's content or the engine ran out of oil and seized up, whichever happened first.

I suppose you could seize engines to your hearts content, but that's a dangerous hobby.

Then radial engines solved that! Half of the power plant was upside down at all times!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then radial engines solved that! Half of the power plant was upside down at all times!

cylinder orietation is not a problem. Carburetor orientation,fuel tanks design,oil system design etc this is what determine how long plane can run in neutral or negitive g

and carbuterot is only 1 in whole engine.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor