DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

As I got 2.5.5 installed and reactivated the mod, I had huge and seemingly random patches of trees being rendered on/off. Anyone had this issue?

Yes the version currently available for download is fully compliant with DCS 2.5.5.

Never ever seen this kind of problem before, sorry.

Mustang

Thank you for the quick response.

Could Picchio's problem be if he has "options.graphics.Terrain.distancFactor.Extreme = 3.0" and trees set to 100%?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Mustang

Thank you for the quick response.

Could Picchio's problem be if he has "options.graphics.Terrain.distancFactor.Extreme = 3.0" and trees set to 100%?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

That could be it if he's using that but I thought that would be unlikely, but yes if he uses distancefactor = 3.0 the tree slider should be set to at most 50%.

In fact I was using those settings for trees and distance factor. The issue seems solved now. Thank you guys for the help!

Cool, yeah if you were using stock settings and the trees were disappearing that would be a concern and a mystery, but since you use the enhanced distancefactor we know where we stand :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Привет всем!Уважаемый Мустанг!Нет ли такой возможности,сделать светлее море,реки,озёра.При средних настройках воды.Спасибо за ваши моды!

танки грязи не боятся и песок плавят!:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
My hangers at various airfields don't have texturs (have a green checkered camouflage). Do you know how I can correct this?

- Dave

Have you tried a repair?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I will share my OvGME package that I use to install and uninstall this mod. The mod brakes Integrity check and by that denies you access a lot of servers. By using OvGME or some other mod install/uninstall app you can remove the mod in a couple of seconds and play on the server that also checks for pristine terrain in IC.

Download 1.30 version of the OvGME package here and place directly in OvGME mod folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rD-iQiinc7ujOHXYJ1fCZbJCFq7suINz

Would you bee so kind to explain how to create a compatible OVGME mod starting from the files provided by Mustang?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I use WinRAR, right mousse button and I have just to chosse Extract to V 1.30_1_Caucasus.... then copy this folder in my OvGME directory. So you can create a folder (ex: Caucasus_Terrain_Textures) and extract Bazar and Mods in it :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 3 months later...

In the newest open Beta, with this texture pack, I get the dreaded black screen on connecting a multiplayer server. This is a pity, as I can no longer fly the Caucasus with the stock textures! They look.... not good to me. :(

Is there any way I can help troubleshoot this?

In the newest open Beta, with this texture pack, I get the dreaded black screen on connecting a multiplayer server. This is a pity, as I can no longer fly the Caucasus with the stock textures! They look.... not good to me. :(

Is there any way I can help troubleshoot this?

You need to make sure the server allows texture mods. The black screen will happen if you attempt to connect to a server that requires pure textures. I connect to servers all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...