F16 Flight Manual

dAsReLiCT

someone has an idea for the original manual, I have already asked for ED but they wanted to say nothing to me and have referred me to this forum. I have already found some but it would be interesting which year of release.

greetings

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

Contact409, read rule 1.16

That manual is for the Greek F-16. Different cockpit arrangement, different characteristics, different system, etc. Little to do with the versions we are getting in DCS

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That manual is for the Greek F-16. Different cockpit arrangement, different characteristics, different system, etc. Little to do with the versions we are getting in DCS

All true, and worth pointing out, but the USAF falcon that is going to be simulated is not fundamentally different. There will only be at best a differences in softwre Tapes used ( USAF version will lget 4.2 or 4.3) a handful of differences in the cockpit like digital HSI as opposed to Analog HSI, and a few placement and rearrangement of switches with regards to Navigation among a few others. HAF also upgraded to color displays of USAF ccip upgrades. Thier version also includes JHMCS, and LInk 16 in the revisions noted. With regards to radar the only difference would depend on the time period. By 2007 HAF are using AN/APG68 V9 instead of the V5.

However IN preparation for its upcoming release, Such that HAF manual is still pertinent for basic operations such as startoff and shutoff procedures, HOTAS functions , and general flight , still apply.

typical A2A modes still apply, as well as unguided CCIP/CCRP weapons delivery if you find the -34 of the HAF manual.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

thanks. just noticed the date on the manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

the HAF Viper

Just for the complete picture when referring to Greek birds,

We (HAF) have 4 versions, at the moment:

- Peace Xenia 1 program: F-16C/D Block 30 (F110-GE-100 engine, APG-68(v)5 radar)

- Peace Xenia 2 program: F-16C/D Block 50 (F110-GE-129 engine, APG-68(v)7 radar)

- Peace Xenia 3 program: F-16C/D Block 52+ (F100-PW-229 engine, APG-68(v)9 radar with MMC5000)

- Peace Xenia 4 program: F-16C/D Block 52+ Advanced (F100-PW-229 engine, APG-68(v)9 radar with MMC7000)

PX 2/3/4 birds will be upgraded to F-16V standards using AESA radar.

The PX2 bird (and its manuals out there) are very close to the standard (not upgraded) USAF F-16 of close to 2000-era, so good base for DCS information. Only different system is the Greek ECM/RWR suite ASPIS.

- Peace Xenia 1 program: F-16C/D Block 30 (F110-GE-100 engine, APG-68(v)5 radar)

- Peace Xenia 2 program: F-16C/D Block 50 (F110-GE-129 engine, APG-68(v)7 radar)

- Peace Xenia 3 program: F-16C/D Block 52+ (F100-PW-229 engine, APG-68(v)9 radar with MMC5000)

- Peace Xenia 4 program: F-16C/D Block 52+ Advanced (F100-PW-229 engine, APG-68(v)9 radar with MMC7000)

The PX2 bird (and its manuals out there) are very close to the standard (not upgraded) USAF F-16 of close to 2000-era, so good base for DCS information. Only different system is the Greek ECM/RWR suite ASPIS.

So we will get a mix between Blk30 and 50?

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

Yep... :thumbup:

Here are some of the reasons why I believe it will cause confusion.

AAQ-13

- USAF stop using this in the early 2000 in all F-16, So someone will read bout the AAQ-13, and wonder why they don't have TFR.

Cockpit lighting

Someone will see a video of the amber color in the Greek F-16 and think it should be in the DCS version. USAF F-16 NVIS lighting is the same color as in the DCS A-10.

With this the external lightning panel will be different.

EGI

EGI in the USAF is tied to 2 TCTO AFAIK; 1F-16-2489 and TCTO 1F-16-2570 (ECP 2602)

2489 was stil on TBD status as of 2010, to be honest I do not know what that means. 2570 is the one that introduce the avionics power panels label with EGI, but it also introduce OFP M5.1+. Any reference to the EGI in the USAF F-16 bring up the LN-260 EGI, not introduce until later. So that could cause confusion.

Then there is the OFP, they have different symbology for different pages. Ther're differences with HOTAS and what system is SOI. Each SOI will handle HOTAS differently.

The back up UHF is different

The AUX Comm panel got replace by the IFF panel

Not sure if HAF F-16 use SADL or Link 16

JFS control might be different.

Depending what ED models, we might get flashing on the JFS run light if it DESCS has a fault. The frequency of the flashing will depends of the type of fault.

edit

The HAF manual show the fuel system with CFT, USAF don't use those. It also mentions 600g external tanks, also not use in the USAF.

AVTR got replaced by the DVR, so that panel got different labels.

Master arm panel is different, USAF does not use a drag chute

Location of the panels on the right console is different.

There are more differences, specially if we talk about the weapons systems. Thankfully I know next to nothing about those.

So, why not wait until ED release a manual, and learn form that?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So, why not wait until ED release a manual, and learn form that?

This is the best advice to avoid confusion.

I am very eager to start learning about the F-16 as well and hope we see some form of a manual before release. In the mean time, hopefully Wags' Mini-Updates will give us a lot of useful info.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"