Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Here is a sample of the text in one of my kneeboard pages. I have been fiddling with this for awhile to get it to be more legible, It looks just fine in Excel/Word/.png?

I don't think I am the only one who ran into this, can someone please provide some input? Thank you kindly. Post 699 has the image,

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I don't think I am the only one who ran into this, can someone please provide some input? Thank you kindly. Post 699 has the image,

Don't have the definitive answer but I have worked around such issues by converting to .png and enlarging "image" in paint.net.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks for the tip. What are you converting them from Word or Excel? I will give that a go.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thanks for the tip. What are you converting them from Word or Excel? I will give that a go.

You can find free conversion tools on line but for the most part I use Kneeboard Builder to convert a PDF or .html to a .png. Then find the .png in the Kneeboard Builder's "kneeboard" folder in Windows Explorer. I use the Select and Crop tool in Paint.net to make things "fill" the cockpit kneeboard.

Edited by Chic

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks, I will look into that. I have been converting Word or Excel files to PDF, I even tried printing both to PDF at 1200 RES, no joy, I even tried taking a screen shot of the text document ( which is VERY clear and legible) and pasting it in paint and saving to .png. looks good when you open the .png in an image viewer, but not when its opened in kneebuilder for some reason?

Next,,,,,, LOL

Keep tryin! :smartass:

EDIT; The text was originally done with EVERNOTE. The schematic was a scanned drawing that I typed over with paint.net.

IMG_1486.thumb.png.ffb68b37b3c5b1beaa73d103d87a4b66.png

IMG_1487.thumb.png.58b0dccb5bb6f154c9c968bdaf7baae0.png

MI8.thumb.jpg.a197fab612a71832f759a72bd34afcf2.jpg

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

That looks nice what you have indeed. What I posted was about the 8th attempt results, what followed after that just got worse, but thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip about Evernote, I use that on my tablet, I will try that as well, thanks.

Edited by Fakum

Delete the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' and run Kneeboard Builder and it should work.

I did that but no difference, the problem is not being able to see the bottom of the user interface on the screen as it seems to be too large

My resolution 1920x1080

see attached file and thank you:

Capture.thumb.PNG.3745aa78ee13370ac68baed3a337f67a.PNG

Edited by fitness88

Are you using windows display scaling or anything like that?

Yes I am using win10 scale 175. What I ended up having to do was on one of my monitors I changed from landscape to portrait and was able to see everything on a sideways view and make my changes...was very awkward.

If the scaling is causing this why am I able to see the preferences window in its entirety?

See attached photo:

Capture.thumb.PNG.85baa6da1e97bf789ad428c18910ca72.PNG

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,

Every time when I try to change the kneeboard using the taskbar icon I get the error message "Could not find a part of the path C:\program files\eagle dynamics\DCS World\mods\aircraft\flaming cliffs\cockpit\kneeboardLeft\device_init_original.lua", then it crashes.

This folder "flaming cliffs" doesn't exist in my install. Why is Kneeboard builder asking for it?

Vulpes

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,

Every time when I try to change the kneeboard using the taskbar icon I get the error message "Could not find a part of the path C:\program files\eagle dynamics\DCS World\mods\aircraft\flaming cliffs\cockpit\kneeboardLeft\device_init_original.lua", then it crashes.

This folder "flaming cliffs" doesn't exist in my install. Why is Kneeboard builder asking for it?

Vulpes

Do you have any of the standalone F-15, A-10A, Su-27 or Su-25 modules installed?

Just thought I would reiterate what a great tool is Kneeboard Builder.

JUST CHOPPERS