2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

How many pilots per squad can participate?

Also to be fair, would you allow lonewolfs to participate, but just group them into their own squadron or have a separate individual scoring pool?

How many pilots per squad that can participate is currently under discussion. I'm leading towards 4 per squadron. This will keep the event down to maybe 2 days.

The Hawgsmoke rules, scoring, etc will be released as a PDF once completed as well as the mission that will be used. This will give squadrons a chance to fly the mission a few times prior to Hawgsmoke as well as inter-squad competitions to identify what pilots will participate. We'll be doing the same in the 25th.

But....the number that can participate has not been finalized yet.

And not to be an a*s but no, lonewolfs will not be able to participate. This is a Squadron based completion.

Judging....to be fair I am looking at having one representative for each V squadron that is participating to be a judge. I will create a google doc (or something of the sort) to scores by the judges to be entered and averaged to come up with their composite/total score. Scoring needs to be very transparent so no one can claim any person or squad of cheating.

It might have been an idea to have a good grasp of what you wanted to run and exactly how you wanted to run it 'before' advertising?

EDIT....the initial posting was to see if anyone was interested before we (the 25th) spent time finalizing details. Obviously the interest is there and we will work to get everything ironed out and finalized as quickly as possible.

Edited by Snoopy

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait!!! Will be awesome... no pvp? ;)

• Like 1

Sloth

"You get enough sleep when you're dead!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM WH HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5 Pro

Processor: i5 2.67Ghz

Board: Intel DP55WB

Video: Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz

Excellent Idea Paul! :thumbup:

I think our Hawg pilots would like to participate, too.

What's with real rules? Do you plan, to set minimum distance for gun run for instance?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Post 1 updated with Squads that are interested, 10 so far!

Those that have sent their squadron patch/shield thank you very much!!

As stated rules are being finalized and will be available by Friday 20 January 2012 with the mission made available soon after.

Hey Paul,

The 76th would definitely be interested, but here's a question... My squad mates and I are in different times zones (as you know I'm in Germany for a while). We can fly together depending on schedules, but the question is, is this a full everyone online at the same time type of event? I really want to do this, but events usually take place at 0100-0400 my time... Wife doesn't like that too much. I'm sure a weekend will be chosen, but for the pilots that are 6-9 hours apart...

(we usually all fly together around 0700z since most are west coast, and the others are Europe time).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Nice job Paul, this sounds like fun. Don't worry about "that" special guy, this is shaping up to be big!

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Paul, you know i was being flippant and that was obvious by the rest of the post. I really dont think it was worth giving a troll a excuse to make my blood boil, (he never fails) by quoting it.

As i said, you have our full support.

Regards

'T'

• Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Hey Paul,

The 76th would definitely be interested, but here's a question... My squad mates and I are in different times zones (as you know I'm in Germany for a while). We can fly together depending on schedules, but the question is, is this a full everyone online at the same time type of event? I really want to do this, but events usually take place at 0100-0400 my time... Wife doesn't like that too much. I'm sure a weekend will be chosen, but for the pilots that are 6-9 hours apart...

(we usually all fly together around 0700z since most are west coast, and the others are Europe time).

We will do our best to schedule to meet the needs of those participating, even within the 25th we have members from all over. Each Squadron will have an "in sim time" and an "take off time" for the actual competition. So the only time everyone would have to be in the sim is when their respective squadron was flying their sortie.

If we have to we'll spread it out over two days, I just won't want it to take a week to complete.

Also, if the Hawgsmoke skin package happens I'd like at least one time with one member (at least) in the sim at the same time for some pictures (ramp, formation, etc).

Paul, you know i was being flippant and that was obvious by the rest of the post. I really dont think it was worth giving a troll a excuse to make my blood boil, (he never fails) by quoting it.

As i said, you have our full support.

Regards

'T'

No worries my friend!

EDIT....first post updated, also included youtube videos of 2010 Hawgsmoke (first video is a description of what Hawgsmoke is, 2nd the results, 3rd range video)

Edited by Snoopy

3Sqn might have a few people interested in this still looking into it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The Smooth Operators would like to attend.

open?id=0BwHk38uryutrNWViMTI0N2MtOTE4OC00YmI5LWJjOGQtNmIxMTAyNjE0YTdh

(How to get the SOS patch to display here?)

Wrecking Crew

Smooth Operators Squardon

We fly so that others may die!

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Nice idea ! Lets keep those guns hot ! XD

5th Virtual Wing from Canada (5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada) is totally in!!!

How many pilots per organisation can participate?

5eevclogotransp203x270.png

Edited by popov
update crest image

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

will there be a lifestream as well ? ... would be so f¨¨¨¨ awesome :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

;1374822']will there be a lifestream as well ? ... would be so f¨¨¨¨ awesome :joystick:

livestream is an option most certainly. If paul would like to utilise the 74th's proven livestream capability for the event, we would certainly like to help.

Let us know.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Nice idea ! Lets keep those guns hot ! XD

5th Virtual Wing from Canada (5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada) is totally in!!!

How many pilots per organisation can participate?

5eevclogotransp203x270.png

Not finalized but as of right now we're looking at 4 per Squadron. I know this number sounds limited but we're already at around 17 squadrons wanting to participate, thats 68 pilots to judge and even if it only takes one hour to complete the mission that's already 17 hours of judging.

;1374822']will there be a lifestream as well ? ... would be so f¨¨¨¨ awesome :joystick:

livestream is an option most certainly. If paul would like to utilise the 74th's proven livestream capability for the event, we would certainly like to help.

Let us know.

Regards

'T'

Something I've thought about, not sure yet...the server we plan on using has 3d turned off.