DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 211 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #2101
Gliptal

I really like the new radio effects, but I feel they're slightly overdone, especially through one speaker only. I don't know how they're applied, but is there a chance you could add a slider (or a couple of presets) in the options to dampen the effect a bit?

[A-10C][APP] Tacview SLEDs Renderer
README - thread

[A-10C][APP] create your custom cartridge
webapp - thread

[A-10C][SP] Warthog Proficiency mission
download - thread
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:38 AM   #2102
POLARIS1

Maybe answered before so sorry in advance...can it be installed on both DCS stable and Beta at the same time?
If so then how?
POLARIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #2103
shagrat
ED Translator

Just do the installiert and point to the folder of your Saved Games.
SRS should install to all versions, or it will ask for which version(s) you want to install (not 100% sure).
If through any mishaps this fails, look inside the downloaded zip there should be instructions for a manual install...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #2104
POLARIS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Just do the installiert and point to the folder of your Saved Games.
SRS should install to all versions, or it will ask for which version(s) you want to install (not 100% sure).
If through any mishaps this fails, look inside the downloaded zip there should be instructions for a manual install...

Thanks mate !
POLARIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #2105
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcode View Post
I get an error message trying to connect with one of the audio devices of the steel series arctis 7.
"Problem Initialising Mic Audio Output! [...]"
I've attached the log. Thank you.
This is a bug with the Steel Series drivers and how NAudio handles its sample rate apparently.

Just been sent a patch - for now try the using the game output instead of chat (or vice versa if you've already tried that)

Should be in the next release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa View Post
Can you guys please tell me if the radio overlay appears in game?
As soon as I press alt+enter to enter fullscreen the radio overlay disappers, is that normal?'
Yes - Alt + Enter is exclusive mode - so nothing can draw over the top of the window anymore

Use the native DCS overlay instead which is drawn by DCS

Ctrl + Left Shift + esc to turn it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
I really like the new radio effects, but I feel they're slightly overdone, especially through one speaker only. I don't know how they're applied, but is there a chance you could add a slider (or a couple of presets) in the options to dampen the effect a bit?
I'd try without the clipping turned on first and see how you go

Eventually i'll expose some of the settings so they can be tweaked more easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston85 View Post
I reinstalled DCS. Do I still need this fixed LUA or downloading SRS will have it?
Use the new 1.5.1.0 version https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest released yesterday - going to post shortly about it

Sorry all for the slow reply! Been very busy

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #2106
Bolt-1

I've done some searching and came up blank I just updated to latest version 1.5.1. And now when using it ive noticed the mic clicks are gone when i initiate comms. has anyone else come across this. i dont know if its a setting im missing somewhere or something else This is in the A10-C
I5 2500K@ 4.5
16GB G Skill DC DDR3@1600
EVGA GTX 970FTW+
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Win7 64 Pro
TM Warthog
TM Cougar
TrackIR 4/ Track clip pro
CH Pro Pedals
Panasonic 50" Plasma
Samsung 23" LED/LCD
Corsair TX 850W
Corsair H100i GTX
HAF 932

Bolt-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #2107
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-1 View Post
I've done some searching and came up blank I just updated to latest version 1.5.1. And now when using it ive noticed the mic clicks are gone when i initiate comms. has anyone else come across this. i dont know if its a setting im missing somewhere or something else This is in the A10-C
Did you use the installer to update?

If you didn't use that to fix it or check the new readme in the zip for updated manual installation details.

From release notes:

Externalised sound files (make sure to use the installer!) to allow customisation

Basically you have to now have files in the right place or no effects

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 05-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #2108
t1mb0b

If I toggle between 1.5.0.0 and 1.5.1.0 the latest just doesn't work.
Uninstalling latest and re-installing 1.5.0.0 gets it back again.
t1mb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:49 PM   #2109
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mb0b View Post
If I toggle between 1.5.0.0 and 1.5.1.0 the latest just doesn't work.
Uninstalling latest and re-installing 1.5.0.0 gets it back again.
Please go here for support - https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj please describe exactly what doesn't work too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Old 05-28-2018, 03:45 AM   #2110
BlacleyCole

Ciribob, I know you would like for me to drop it but I see lotatc. Being more and more apart of multiplayer missions and having atc(gnd,twr,car, awacs,jtac etc)being used like in the real worl making it easier to use one voice app to communicate would be best. You told me the implementation of srs into lotatc is on the back burner is there a way to convert the srs comm the aircraft are using to be imported in to the UniversRadio that lotatc uses by means of a translation app?

Main reason is the workaround now is run dcs in background for the radios but several of the atc positions have no other need for dcs to be running if I understand it correctly. Some can use ca in place of ac gnd needs the f10 map and twr view but the rest until actual atc ac are manned by human controllers have no need for dcs to be running.

Would you please look into a translator for srs and UniversRadio so it wouldn’t matter whose on what a call on one hits the airways of both.

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better

Last edited by BlacleyCole; 05-28-2018 at 03:52 AM.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote