DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 211 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #2101
Shadoga

I searched but couldn't find a solution:
Ka-50 VHF2 R-800 doesn't seem to have a clickable volume knob in cockpit and no volume keybindings.
SRS volume for this radio is locked at 50% and not controlable through SRS volume slider.
How can I change the volume for this radio, what am I missing?
If I'm not missing anything, then how about disconnecting SRS from Cockpit controls for the Black Shark in order to be able to control this radio volume through SRS' slider.
Shadoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #2102
Gizzy

Use your ADF volume control rotary and you are good.

Ciribob mapped it to this rotary on request as a fix. It works well.....

Hope this helps...
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #2103
Lil' Pinky

Hi folks.

Did try searching for KA-50 guidance but couldn't find much. Sorry if I missed it... Couple of questions:
  1. For the main left-hand radio: should I be on AM or FM?
  2. Is there any way to transmit on guard, without dialling in 121.5? I know I can receive by flicking that switch.
  3. Is there any use for the right-hand radio in multiplayer? I'm guessing only other KA-50s would have the same frequencies?
Cheers!

PS: by left-hand/right-hand, i mean the one on the left front panel and the back right panel with the rotary knob...
Lil' Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #2104
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Pinky View Post
Hi folks.

Did try searching for KA-50 guidance but couldn't find much. Sorry if I missed it... Couple of questions:
  1. For the main left-hand radio: should I be on AM or FM?
  2. Is there any way to transmit on guard, without dialling in 121.5? I know I can receive by flicking that switch.
  3. Is there any use for the right-hand radio in multiplayer? I'm guessing only other KA-50s would have the same frequencies?
Cheers!

PS: by left-hand/right-hand, i mean the one on the left front panel and the back right panel with the rotary knob...
For the left hand radio, you are probably referring to VHF2 which can be set either to AM of FM but is by default set to AM.
Right hand radio refers to VHF1 and is using preset frequencies (you can see them in the mission editor). You can use the default ones or set them up in the mission editor. We are using VHF1 as a common radio with the other choppers. Also, don't forget there is a 3rd radio when you set the radio selector on SW (Short Wave) that you can use to communicate internally between the Ka50 group at short distances.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #2105
Lil' Pinky

Just checked the manual - yup, left hand = R-800 = VHF-2.

SW is a handy tip, haven't seen that referenced anywhere. Cheers.

Just been listening again to the simpleradio youtube guide. Does the guard switch effectively overwrite the set frequency, or does it allow you to listen to guard as well as the frequency set by hand on VHF2?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #2106
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

If you have a +G on the overlay , then you are listening on Guard as well as the normal frequency that you see on the overlay.

Some radios have a switch to tune directly into just the guard frequency and nothing else, others have the guard monitor option.

For the KA 50, I can't actually remember.... Sorry but overaly will show what's up.

Also - the 3rd shortwave radio was never actually installed in the KA50 (even though there is a switch). I've added support for it anyway but you have to enable expansion radios on the SRS server for it to work.

SRS for high fidelity modules (clickable) just takes the settings straight from DCS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #2107
BlacleyCole

Is there a way to take the srs radios and translate it to a way that lotatc will receive and transmit to them like an interface since you told me srs for lotatc was way down the road i was hoping for a way to build a interface that would allow it to work
Oculus Rift with \LeapMotion.
pro Flight Trainer Puma helicopter controls and VKB Gladiator II and pedals GameTrix JetSeat, TM WartHog HOTAS and speedmaster Flight
Kneeboard maker
Voice attack with Viacom pro plugin
Sim Shaker for aviators
Wanted:
VKB Gunfighter2 Pro with Modern Combat Grip Pro and extension and VKB Twin Engine Control System
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #2108
Teetwo

Is anyone else seeing that radio two in the Harrier is not working since the last update?

"My callsign is "Mustafa", and I'm the man who will be killing you now..."
Teetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #2109
Lil' Pinky

(For anyone reading from the future, in answer to my question above, the guard switch on the Black Shark _does_ overrule whatever frequency you have set on the R-800, rather than listen to both frequencies at the same time. It doesn't change the numbers on the rotary dials, so it's not totally obvious what you're Rx/Tx on unless you've got the overlay on.)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #2110
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetwo View Post
Is anyone else seeing that radio two in the Harrier is not working since the last update?
Yes Razbam bug not SRS.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote