Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Hi All,

I recently bought a Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog and am very happy with it. I'm wondering though, has anyone modified it so the Warthog stick is mounted to a small base versus the large plate?

It seems that it would be so much easier when using the center mount..... I'm thinking of fabricating something with plywood to reduce the size..... any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doug

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

They provide the smaller plate for the TM Warthog Joystick if you ask for it.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

i modified mine but am selling them as bought the Virpil

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

bc8ddb035b541c58c612342bbb11387f.jpg

I have the small center adapter purchased from WSP. $40 in the US, free if requested at point of order from the EU website.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I have the small center adapter purchased from WSP. $40 in the US, free if requested at point of order from the EU website.

Hey Buckeye,

Little off the subject, but where did you get your seat cushion? Did it come with the chair? Could you point the way on how to get one.

Thanks

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Hey Buckeye,

Little off the subject, but where did you get your seat cushion? Did it come with the chair? Could you point the way on how to get one.

Thanks

It is a JetSeat SE from Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It is a JetSeat SE from Andre

Thanks so much for that information.

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

If you don't mind the price, the JetSeat despite its limitations adds a "feel" to flight simming that is hard to give up once you have tried it. Bumps on runways, turbulence at high AoA, vibration with weapons fire, etc. It is a given that it cannot match the real forces, but it provides feedback that you can't get from a visual display or your speakers/headsets. If I forget to start the software before starting DCS World, I immediately notice and end up quitting to desktop to get my JetSeat active!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you don't mind the price, the JetSeat despite its limitations adds a "feel" to flight simming that is hard to give up once you have tried it. Bumps on runways, turbulence at high AoA, vibration with weapons fire, etc. It is a given that it cannot match the real forces, but it provides feedback that you can't get from a visual display or your speakers/headsets. If I forget to start the software before starting DCS World, I immediately notice and end up quitting to desktop to get my JetSeat active!

I will be checking into this then. Thanks for your opinion on this Steakeagle.

FYI you can start SSA while already mid flight in DCS and it’ll kick on...no need to restart DCS

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I love my jetseat but I may order a custom one like Buckeyes in the future my wide load doesn’t have much padding

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

What kind of chair is it in the previous pictures? Not the mat, but the chair itself. I am looking everywhere to find a seat with a stick cutout to fit to my Obutto.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Hey Buckeye,

You don't happen to know the measures of the small base plate? The size of the plate, distance between drill holes and the diameter of the holes?

I'm gonna order a small plate for center mounting of my joystick, but I'll need to build an adapter to mount my VKB Gunfighter onto it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hey Buckeye,

You don't happen to know the measures of the small base plate? The size of the plate, distance between drill holes and the diameter of the holes?

I'm gonna order a small plate for center mounting of my joystick, but I'll need to build an adapter to mount my VKB Gunfighter onto it.

8x8cm plate, hole distance is 6cm (center of holes) and holes are 5mm.

I tried a search but it didn't look like they available, can someone please put up a link? Thanks

JetSeat SE from Andre is currently on backorder, I believe. See this thread for details: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3531779#post3531779

What kind of chair is it in the previous pictures? Not the mat, but the chair itself. I am looking everywhere to find a seat with a stick cutout to fit to my Obutto.

See my signature, it is a Steelcase Leap V2 chair: https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap

Black with platinum base

Hey Buckeye,

The other guy got you the dimensions but I've seen some people use thick Plexiglas to act as an adapter and that seemed to have worked well. I am sure if it's feasible for you, a think piece of sturdy metal would work even better. In any case, should be pretty easy to fashion something to do the trick :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Ordered one of these bad boys, (Wheel Stand Pro - Super Warthog). Just received it this evening. I'll put it together tomorrow, and mount my Hawg, and report back... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ordered one of these bad boys, (Wheel Stand Pro - Super Warthog). Just received it this evening. I'll put it together tomorrow, and mount my Hawg, and report back... :-)

Enjoy it, brother! It’s build like a damn tank, I’ll tell ya that much.

Did you get the joystick adapter for the center post?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Enjoy it, brother! It’s build like a damn tank, I’ll tell ya that much.

Did you get the joystick adapter for the center post?

thanks bro!

I'm planning to go with a setup where my stick is on my right, and the keyboard is in the center. I've flown "F-16" style for so long, I kinda like it. So I'll go that route for now and will use the supplied plates.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Unfortunately, for me, using the T-50 base's U-bracket to mount it to the WSP Warthog attachment plate (after drilling a hole as noted above) did not provide the stability I was looking for. So I went with a less elegant solution as shown here: two small C-clamps. Thought it might be helpful for anyone else who has the same issue.bbfddb122c8d4e4bd20c1b1ecea47d3c.jpg

I had no idea there was an option for the smaller center plate. I printed one out in PLA. It's a perfect fit, of course, but it does tend to fail after 4 or 5 months. Once it fails, I print another. I'll probably cast it in epoxy at some point, or order a print of it in aluminum.

X3TANMb.jpg

Edited by P5138

Unfortunately, for me, using the T-50 base's U-bracket to mount it to the WSP Warthog attachment plate (after drilling a hole as noted above) did not provide the stability I was looking for. So I went with a less elegant solution as shown here: two small C-clamps. Thought it might be helpful for anyone else who has the same issue.bbfddb122c8d4e4bd20c1b1ecea47d3c.jpg

Hey Greg, I was also thinking of going the WSP Warthog + T-50 route. Do you have a side shot of your assembly? I'm not entirely sure how this all holds together.